Overrated/Underrated Players [semi-rant]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank

Hobbs
Reaction score
Hi.

Basically, all around the forum I see ''player 'x' is underrated, and should have 20 pace pl0x''

There's a reason for researchers. They watch most games, and are entrusted to give an impartial view on their players to give them the best possible representation on Football Manager as possible.

Also, when thinking if a player is overrated/underrated, there is another key thing to consider. It's not all about the stats. Many players stats do not reflect how the match engine reacts to their 'spread of stats'. Added to the fact that stats like pace and acceleration have more weighting that 'throw ins' for example. This is an example why Walcott's stats look no better than a league one player on previous fm's, yet if played right, he could still perform to a good standard.

Researchers don't base stats on a game. They note small changes as the season go on, and are always looking for things in players when watching, and are not just focused on what you see on MoTD. So, after seeing a player score an amazing long shot , don't then question why he has a long shot rating of 9? I trust the researcher of the club knows a fair bit more than you.

And if you have gone through and still think there is something wrong, or something you can add, please don't hesistate to bring it up in the official SI data issues thread (here), and perhaps it will be read by the AR of the team.

So, it's not always about the stats of a player, its more getting a realistic version of them on the pitch and actualy playing with them.

Any other questions or queries or things please don't hesitate to discuss them here, or pm/vm me.

And after all this, you are that worried about a players stats... just change them yourself! its your game at the end of the day.. no-one elses..

Frank.

Spot on mate, most peoples opinions of overrated and underrated players in the game are based on biased opinions due to various aspects, without considering the players entire ability over long periods of time.

As you say, the researchers take their job seriously and don't base their analysis on pure assumption, if it bothers people that much, the game is provided with an editor for a reason after all!

i wasn't aware that people were complaining about the game - obviously the researchers know more than normal folk...

This is a forum - where people will have their own opinions on various aspects, some right some wrong, i doesn't really matter

I totally agree with what is said in the OP but don't really understand why this thread was needed

i wasn't aware that people were complaining about the game - obviously the researchers know more than normal folk...

This is a forum - where people will have their own opinions on various aspects, some right some wrong, i doesn't really matter

I totally agree with what is said in the OP but don't really understand why this thread was needed

just needed to get my point across lol. ill close it now

Status
Not open for further replies.