• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 3K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Several foreign-owned Premier League clubs want to scrap relegation, according to League Managers Association chief executive Richard Bevan.

More...

Would be good for Wigan XD but overall, a ******* terrible idea!

Absolutely ridiculous beyond belief. Hey, while your in the process, why don't you partake in the financial destruction of other clubs while your at it. This is what I've been going on about before when it comes to foreign ownership. This would be absolutely catastrophic for the game.

terrible idea and whoever suggested it , i wonder how they became rich enough to own a football club by having such stupid thoughts

terrible idea and whoever suggested it , i wonder how they became rich enough to own a football club by having such stupid thoughts

Beggars belief. God knows what drugs they were on. To be frank, if it needed 14 votes, and that 14th owner approached Kenwright for a takeover, and the prospective owner wanted to vote to get rid of relegation, I'd rather have Kenwright stay. Purely for the good of the game. If this ever happened it would just say to me R.I.P football. Football is more important to me, than what these guys want to do to the game.

What on earth?

I know, how about we get rid of goalposts too? I mean, they're not needed really are they? While we're at it get rid of the lines on the pitch.

What a ridiculous idea.

So the Premier League has the same teams init every single year, with no competition for the lower leagues then...

Absolutely ridiculous :L

i love rugby but this is really annoying in rugby league, and would be even more annoying in football - no, just no.

Quite possibly the worst ever football related idea.

What on earth?

I know, how about we get rid of goalposts too? I mean, they're not needed really are they? While we're at it get rid of the lines on the pitch.

What a ridiculous idea.

And how are lower league clubs supposed to progress too without the money they get from promotion, which would be used for improving stadiums, improving facilities and more importantly just basic progression, which they'd get by getting into the prem. I may be an Everton fan, but love watching promotion battles in the Championship, League 1....it's great for the fans when they get promoted to the prem, and provides an economic boost too. They've clearly not taken in the bigger picture. Just greed in my opinion. Pure greed. When are they going to realise football is a sport and not about consolidation or ****** balance sheets.

With this and the recent Ian Ayre suggestion, I've got a horrible feeling about the direction English football is starting to go :(...

They're not going to let it happen, everyone chill out, jesus. If 14 of the owners voted to change the ball to a nuclear bomb they're not going to do it, and they won't do this. It's like everyone going mental about Rangers and Celtic joining the EPL - still hasn't happened.

They're not going to risk losing their profits essentially, scrap relegation -> fans stop coming to games etc -> money down.

I still think Rangers and Celtic will eventually be able to join the EPL.

Another fantastic piece of journalism by the BBC there.

This is the opinion of the LMA chief, no club has publicly called for this to happen so chill out people.

BBC Sport, go kill yourself.

Another fantastic piece of journalism by the BBC there.

This is the opinion of the LMA chief, no club has publicly called for this to happen so chill out people.

BBC Sport, go kill yourself.

didn't Phil Gartside suggest similar though?

I have a feeling, that if any of the chairmen actually think this, it'll prob be the teams that aren't so solid. Like Sunderland, Blackpool, Fulham, QPR. Having no relegation would benefit these teams more then it would the others since they wouldn't need to worry about keeping up.
But if any of you actually read the article, the FA can just say "Computer says no" and veto any proposal to do so.

Let me take a wild guess and say this is the American owners idea????

Let me take a wild guess and say this is the American owners idea????

No idea. Could've been anybody. But the fact it's being discussed before taking over a club is not right.

Back