Owners oppose Premier relegation

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 3K
If this does happen, I hope Fulham get relegated before it comes into place, would be so boring every season. However, I'm sure it's something Al Fayed has been pushing for. These owners just want to secure the future of there clubs.

Let me take a wild guess and say this is the American owners idea????

Doubt so, most of the clubs owned by Americans are stable and in no need for such measures IMO.

Arsenal, Villa, L'pool, United...

What is starting to frustrate me about this, is that people are complaining about foreign owners in general. This is a complety separate issue and the two matters are being confused. For instance on the BBC article they put a table showing all the Premier League foreign owners. The owners aren't going to vote for this idea just because they are foreign and I can easily imagine English owners like Mike Ashley voting for this.

So according to this those teams that are historics in prem and know are in championship or league one like Leeds Nottingham Forest Sheff Wed and Derby will never be back that is just so stupid premier league would become the worst league in the world

seriously
9k=

Only Englishmen should have something to say in the Premier League, not a ******* American or Indian guy who is obsessed with money. They can **** off, it's not their league.

Only Englishmen should have something to say in the Premier League, not a ******* American or Indian guy who is obsessed with money. They can **** off, it's not their league.

Coming from someone whose club owes most, if not all, of their recent success to a Russian, this is kind of ironic.

Beggars belief. God knows what drugs they were on. To be frank, if it needed 14 votes, and that 14th owner approached Kenwright for a takeover, and the prospective owner wanted to vote to get rid of relegation, I'd rather have Kenwright stay. Purely for the good of the game. If this ever happened it would just say to me R.I.P football. Football is more important to me, than what these guys want to do to the game.

Do they not realise that by abolishing relegation it could lead to the disintegration of the whole English League system...sigh

Coming from someone whose club owes most, if not all, of their recent success to a Russian, this is kind of ironic.

He didn't exactly have a choice did he? Just saying.

How is it ironic. The only difference Abramovich made, was to make Chelsea a team fighting for the title. Not changing the entire system to something like the MLS. I'm sure that as a Chelsea supporter and the vast majority of Chelsea supporters, they wouldn't support this system and their club owners if they were going to vote for this system. It takes a lot of the charm out of the league, like the Liverpool's idea of making the league to a version of La Liga. I am quite sure that Chelsea was against this, if not then correct me. Why do you have the idea that I am 100% loyal to Abramovich? I am loyal to the club, not the chairman. Do you still see the irony... I don't.

Do they not realise that by abolishing relegation it could lead to the disintegration of the whole English League system...sigh

Premier league would just drift along...there's so many things that can go wrong. It simply wouldn't work. Not to mention it would affect the tv income aswell

He didn't exactly have a choice did he? Just saying.

He doesn't have a choice now either so he might as well keep quiet. Just saying.

How is it ironic. The only difference Abramovich made, was to make Chelsea a team fighting for the title. Not changing the entire system to something like the MLS. I'm sure that as a Chelsea supporter and the vast majority of Chelsea supporters, they wouldn't support this system and their club owners if they were going to vote for this system. It takes a lot of the charm out of the league, like the Liverpool's idea of making the league to a version of La Liga. I am quite sure that Chelsea was against this, if not then correct me. Why do you have the idea that I am 100% loyal to Abramovich? I am loyal to the club, not the chairman. Do you still see the irony... I don't.

Simple - if Abramovich '****** off', you'd probably be an average team at best. Like it or not foreign owners have brought success to many a team and they have as much right as any English owner to voice their concerns and/or opinions (In this particular case I obviously disagree). And considering the fact that your club is probably the one who benefited the most from foreign ownership so far, yes, it is ironic.

Simple - if Abramovich '****** off', you'd probably be an average team at best. Like it or not foreign owners have brought success to many a team and they have as much right as any English owner to voice their concerns and/or opinions (In this particular case I obviously disagree). And considering the fact that your club is probably the one who benefited the most from foreign ownership so far, yes, it is ironic.
I don't disagree and I admitted that Abramovich brought success to Chelsea, so what is the problem? That has nothing to do with the topic. I think I am allowed to support Chelsea at the same time as supporting the idea of keeping relegation in the Premier League? I am confused what you are trying to say, but I guess you that you think I can't support Chelsea at the same as being a support of the relegation idea in the Premier. Give me a concrete answer.

From the financial side of the owners you can see why, No businessman wants to see his investments lose money, especially in this financial climate.

But the promotion/relegation aspects are part of what make football interesting to us, the thought that a teams success will be rewarded financially leading them to achieve things like better players, facilities and stadia and that an underperforming team will be replaced with a challenger from the tier below who have shown the drive to compete. (I support west ham, by the way)

One thing to note here:

Man City in the late 90's/early 00's came from the now league one to the prem. Look at where they are today.

Just another example of Greed ruining the beautiful game.

I don't disagree and I admitted that Abramovich brought success to Chelsea, so what is the problem? That has nothing to do with the topic. I think I am allowed to support Chelsea at the same time as supporting the idea of keeping relegation in the Premier League? I am confused what you are trying to say, but I guess you that you think I can't support Chelsea at the same as being a support of the relegation idea in the Premier. Give me a concrete answer.

I think because you said this:

You said they can **** off with their money, but without that money, Chelsea wouldn't be the club they are today, hence the irony.

This wouldn't kill the league system, just the premiership. They'd sign their own death sentence.

I think because you said this:

You said they can **** off with their money, but without that money, Chelsea wouldn't be the club they are today, hence the irony.
Arhh I see. I formulated me wrong. It was meant in the way that they were greedy.

Arhh I see. I formulated me wrong. It was meant in the way that they were greedy.

This is why I try to be ultra careful when i type stuff-or i get ripped to shreds lol. And why I don't type ANYTHING after having a few beers. Would be disastrous lol

This is why I try to be ultra careful when i type stuff-or i get ripped to shreds lol. And why I don't type ANYTHING after having a few beers. Would be disastrous lol

Yeah, I mean you spanner it up enough when you're typing ​sober. ;)

Back