ozil how to make himm perform better?

babu

Reaction score
this is my man city team 2nd season and i sold silva just to get one of ma fav players ozil... jhe has played now 32 matches and his stats has been poor with 2 goals and 7 assits with the likes of cavani aguero yaya and marvin martin around him surely he has to do better..someone jhelp this is how i play him :

ozil.jpg

Well first of all, selling Silva for Ozil was quite foolish.. but you are playing him in the right position and giving him the right role..you only need to give him time. you could give yourself more width I think..not too sure if this is the best tactic..maybe give yourself wingers, so he has the opportunity to pass the ball out wide as well..

Ozil is class, play him there but Trequartista. On my United save in his first season 30 Games, 6 Goals, 19 Assists, 5 MoM, AVG 7.47. Yeah maybe give the team abit more width.

I think a change of formation is needed. 4-3-3 always works best when i play with an attacking mid when im looking for loads of assists. With Ozil, i got him a few years into a dortmund save and retrained him as a normal mid-fielder as Goetze was just too good. Maybe you should try this and move Marvin Martin forward. One last thing, make him run with the ball less often and he works better in bringing other team-mates into play.

I play Ozil beside Vidal in central midfield (Advanced playmaker: Support) and have trained him to run less with the ball as well and he sees a lot of the ball. If you play some wingers he will pick some deadly through balls if you have some pace in your team out wide, also try selecting him as your primary playmaker, hope this helps!

You need to play Ozil as a trequarista and set him to run with ball rarely but run from deep sometimes. This means that he can dictate play from deep, but he often lacks the strength and power to control 'The Hole' especially when playing against bigger teams who play with a least one holding midfielder...

I've had good luck with Ozil at AML as an advanced playmaker, using my own tweaked version of OoscostsmanoO's Attack! Attack! 4-1-1-2-2 tactic. He has a lot of space to operate and find the perfect through ball opportunity for the strikers.