pandasaurus

Reaction score
so if my player's CA already 3 stars, and their PA is also 3 stars, that means they cant develop even further? eventho they are still 22 years old?

and also can PA changed? because if i remember correctly, one of my player PA dropped by half star after they go on loan

thanks in advance

so if my player's CA already 3 stars, and their PA is also 3 stars, that means they cant develop even further? eventho they are still 22 years old?
Stars are opinion, so in whichever coach or scout's opinion, if a player has reached is potential, he can't improve. It's impossible to be better than your best.

so for a player with 3* current and 3* potential, his stat will remain static no matter how good he perform?

If he has actually reached that potential - so if his CA equals his PA - then he has no more room to develop. As WJ says, he can't get better. But if he has a few points left between CA and PA, he could marginally improve. You could also see certain attributes drop, which allows room for others to go up. This particularly happens when a player is over 30 and they physically decline, but their metals may improve.

Or your scout could be wrong.

how to see that few points you mentioned? is it just from the stars?

is there possibility that my scout judged my own player wrong? lol

so for a player with 3* current and 3* potential, his stat will remain static no matter how good he perform?
You're asking what I already answered. If CA = PA then according to your scout/coach he has reached his potential. The coach/scout report will tell you if he thinks the player has reached their peak or has a tiny bit of improving left.

You're asking what I already answered. If CA = PA then according to your scout/coach he has reached his potential. The coach/scout report will tell you if he thinks the player has reached their peak or has a tiny bit of improving left.

okay then, thats too bad, my player peaked too early i guess lol

That's still according to your coach/scout only. He could be right, but also, he could be wrong.

The star system is the punditry of FM - It's only relevant if you pay attention to them; otherwise, make up your own mind.
I factor age and mental attributes into weather i think a player can develop in the future.

Ok, here are some basics. Scout system is based around star ratings. Those star ratings are factored by many things. Quality of your (other) players relative to scouted/reported player, quality of scout himself and what those stars really represent ( or at lest they should) is CA and PA ( current and potential ability). Those are hidden attributes ranged from 1 to 20. As they are hidden, we cant see them without using some methods that are not in the "fair play" rulebook.

CA is dynamic and it changes through players career. Most players peak before their 24th birthday.
PA is static and it does not change. It can be fixed number, or negative number. But once you start your save, it will not change.

So to answer your question, star rating is not perfect, not even close to it. Your best bet is to see report card form scouts/coaches with high judging current and potential ability rating. Use multiple opinions and draw conclusion by yourself. Sometimes you'll guess it right, sometimes you'll sell 200PA ( maximum PA ) and you'll feel 'bad' for it. Cant tell you how many times I sold 190PA + player. Waaaaay too many times. But thats the beauty of FM. You can't do much wrong with it, its mostly trial and error.

Have fun buddy :)

Most players peak before their 24th birthday.
This is completely wrong though. Players have different peaks. Some peak early. Some in the middle of their career. Some late.

This is completely wrong though. Players have different peaks. Some peak early. Some in the middle of their career. Some late.
Actually is not. Not in FM world. Most players peak before 24th birthday. You even had a tooltip that states that. Note - talking about CA and PA.

Actually is not. Not in FM world. Most players peak before 24th birthday. You even had a tooltip that states that. Note - talking about CA and PA.
No, it isn't. I think you read the tooltip wrong fwiw, because most players tend to peak around 27. They may on average peak physically much earlier though. Very different. Players have different physical peaks and ability-wise, different players peak at different ages. SI have posted as much on their forum.

I get what you're saying, but I'm talking about plain numbers. Players before 24th bday will develop more quickly and usually 'fill' in their PA numbers. They stats may change ( for example, they will lose some speed but gain decision or composure) but their CA will stay around the same. Player attributes will change through out their whole career, thats true.
Players dont usually get boosts to their CA past certain age.

I get what you're saying, but I'm talking about plain numbers. Players before 24th bday will develop more quickly and usually 'fill' in their PA numbers. They stats may change ( for example, they will lose some speed but gain decision or composure) but their CA will stay around the same. Player attributes will change through out their whole career, thats true.
Players dont usually get boosts to their CA past certain age.
Yes, they will gain CA quicker before 24 (GENERALLY, as physical peaks differ) because physical attributes "cost" a lot of CA. Development isn't over though. You said PEAK, which is just plain false. Players GENERALLY, still continue to develop.

https://community.sigames.com/topic/410781-does-experience-matter-in-fm/?page=2

Last edited:
Yes, they will gain CA quicker before 24 (GENERALLY, as physical peaks differ) because physical attributes "cost" a lot of CA. Development isn't over though. You said PEAK, which is just plain false. Players GENERALLY, still continue to develop.

https://community.sigames.com/topic/410781-does-experience-matter-in-fm/?page=2

https://community.sigames.com/topic...matter-in-fm/?do=findComment&comment=10991008

This is what I'm saying. Your CA might not increase or decrease, but you might get better due to attribute shifts. Once again, I'm talking about sheer, plain, boring numbers.

Yes, read that. That's the most important post.

You either dont understand what I'm saying, or I cannot explain it in the right way. So lets end it here.

I think Vanjagl is saying that for example, player has a ability of 180/180 at 24, appearing to have peaked. But as time goes on they may lose a few points in pace or agility, yet may gain those points back in composure or anticipation

Or I could be wrong haha.

I find my players, talking regen/newgens now, seems to plateau at 24 or before. Could be because of my facilities and coaches but they do seem to round off around there.

No, I'm not leaving it. This is wrong and it's how these myths and falsehoods get started.

Most players peak before their 24th birthday.
They stats may change ( for example, they will lose some speed but gain decision or composure) but their CA will stay around the same.
Both of these are 100% wrong. PEAK means at their best, which (even in the post you quoted me??) is completely wrong.

Seb very clearly says IN GENERAL players continue to develop, even after physical peak. They will still have CA gains. If and when they do peak, then these attribute shifts can happen.

[FONT=&quot]"Very broadly speaking most players, given the right conditions, will experience their biggest gains in that period. But it is absolutely included in the game, and to be expected, for players to develop well outside of that bracket. Conversely a player may explode at an early age but then stall and never continue improving. Late (and early) bloomers is something we have very much worked on in recent versions."[/FONT]