Seb very clearly says IN GENERAL players continue to develop, even after physical peak. They will still have CA gains. If and when they do peak, then these attribute shifts can happen.

"Very broadly speaking most players, given the right conditions, will experience their biggest gains in that period. But it is absolutely included in the game, and to be expected, for players to develop well outside of that bracket. Conversely a player may explode at an early age but then stall and never continue improving. Late (and early) bloomers is something we have very much worked on in recent versions."

In my experience (not going in to the program side of things) my players level off around mid 20s. But I do usually buy them as close to 16-18 as I can and have world class facilities and coaches.

Maybe at another club with lesser facilities they would still fulfill their potential but it may be at a slower rate than they would with me

I think Vanjagl is saying that for example, player has a ability of 180/180 at 24, appearing to have peaked. But as time goes on they may lose a few points in pace or agility, yet may gain those points back in composure or anticipation

Or I could be wrong haha.

I find my players, talking regen/newgens now, seems to plateau at 24 or before. Could be because of my facilities and coaches but they do seem to round off around there.
If a player has 180/180, then he has obviously peaked. Players won't PEAK generally at 24 (although early bloomers are in the game) but will just see their biggest CA gains in their younger years, stopping between 18 and 24.

So, an 18yo player may have 100 CA and 200 PA and gain 15 CA (just an example and it won't be as linear is this) per year until his peak at 23, giving him 175 CA, but then only see 5 CA per year gain, so he'll only peak in another 5 years.

If a player has 180/180, then he has obviously peaked. Players won't PEAK generally at 24 (although early bloomers are in the game) but will just see their biggest CA gains in their younger years, stopping between 18 and 24.

So, an 18yo player may have 100 CA and 200 PA and gain 15 CA (just an example and it won't be as linear is this) per year until his peak at 23, giving him 175 CA, but then only see 5 CA per year gain, so he'll only peak in another 5 years.

See my post above mate, I can see where both of you are coming from but in my experience it's been down to environment etc that alters the pace of development.

Though tutoring and hidden attributes also affect things

See my post above mate, I can see where both of you are coming from but in my experience it's been down to environment etc that alters the pace of development.
It's obvious that better level of matches and facilities will affect it. This isn't in question.

It's obvious that better level of matches and facilities will affect it. This isn't in question.

It's obviously relative when you're questioning the point of when a player will reach his potential.

It's obviously relative when you're questioning the point of when a player will reach his potential.
No it isn't. There's only so much CA a player can gain in a season and that's in a perfect scenario, which even at a top club isn't always possible. Then still there are players who are only going to be late bloomers even at a top club, so they won't reach their potential early.

No it isn't. There's only so much CA a player can gain in a season and that's in a perfect scenario, which even at a top club isn't always possible. Then still there are players who are only going to be late bloomers even at a top club, so they won't reach their potential early.

You have literally just said it's relative... More match experience, good coaches and facilities will improve a player faster in general.

I've said in the right environment, the players generally develop and max out current ability > potential ability earlier.

In my experience at the biggest club (it's Man United in my case) my players round off around the mid twenty age. Obviously they can change but purely talking the numbers e.g 180/180, that's what I find.

It's never going to be black and white and say they will fulfill their potential by a certain time. It's all relative.

Yeah determination seems to really bump up a scouts opinion of a player I find.

Always good when you tutor a player and he seems to get a mega boost from 12-20 in no time!
Read further than that. It explains how progression works.

Read further than that. It explains how progression works.

Been playing FM for years and my play style is always to buy as young as possible and develop, I've read that thread in the past.

For me the most fun is actually finding the players and getting them in the team, my usual problem is my first team players moaning about game time because I'm trying to fit in so many young players in to matches!

Should be a bit easier with this new system to see when a player is getting disgruntled as on 17 it can pop up out of the blue, need to keep an eye on it on 18!