jack101pie

Reaction score
So I'm sort of new to football manager, only been playing it properly for just under a month.

I started a new game as Liverpool and in the first transfer window I picked up Jetro Willems who had the time had 4.5 star potential ability, so I bought him as Liverpool only have 1 good DL. Anyway after a couple of seasons his PA dropped dwn to 2 and a half stars? He's 2 star current ability atm too btw. What caused it do go down? I have been playing him for most of my matches and his avg rating is something like 7.20 so not too bad. Any ideas? I also got Jose Enrique to tutor him for a season, not sure if it improved him or not though!

Also some tips on reaching full potential with a wonder kid would be appreciated cheers

sounds like you're doing everything right in terms of developing him.
star ratings aren't always accurate, it depends on how good your assistant manager's judging ability is. the best way to tell how good a player really is, is by checking his attributes and making sure he's got high attributes for his role, if some aren't up to scratch then try individual training for that specific attribute.

Going to presume you've upgraded the rest of your team, if so that's why.
The star rating is all relative to the rest of your team, his PA was probably among the best on your team, but as newer better players come in he drops down the rankings and falls under a different star rating.

Going to presume you've upgraded the rest of your team, if so that's why.
The star rating is all relative to the rest of your team, his PA was probably among the best on your team, but as newer better players come in he drops down the rankings and falls under a different star rating.

This is what most people don't realise, and to be fair to them it isn't very clear!