AidanD10

Reaction score
Sweat rolling down my nose, Murcia 1-1 Ferrol, We needed the win to gain our promotion, My father was screaming at the team to stay compact, he had always dreamed of leading his home team to Spanish Glory, I had always wanted to see his dream happen. Now that I was his assistant I could be here first hand and applying my opinion. Ferrol were on the attack, the defence looked nervy and open, the ball came in, the keeper was in no-mans land, the ball..... was in the back of the net. My heart slowly broke but it was about to get 100 times worse. I looked over my right shoulder to look at my father's expression. At first he wasn't in my eye line, on the floor, pale and motionless, he lay there. Not moving, not reacting, not him. Physio's rushed over and ambulances were called. The match was abandoned and my father was rushed straight to hospital. I paced back and forth and jumped into the ambulance. What was going on? What had happened to him? Was he going to be ok? Before I knew everything went completely dark. I regained consciousness as we went over a bump, what was meant to be a 10 minute journey felt as if we had been in here for days. Finally we were rushed inside the hospital and then doctors were gone with him. I was left here isolated, alone, abandoned. Standing in the middle of the hospital like a cat in a dog show, I looked 100% out of place. I felt it, it was the only thing I could feel. I took my seat in the waiting room, Was he going to be Okay? Only god could save him now?

10:18pm.

I needed to sleep. I couldn't. How could I? My father was still in surgery and had been for the past 3 hours. Finally a doctor came out with one of the most distraught faces I had ever seen. Instantly I dropped to knees and lay there in silence. 30 minutes unmoved, I never wanted again to move. I was just going to lie in the middle of the hospital floor. My childhood idol, my only remaining family member. I was alone, I had no-one, I was less use to the world than anything right now.

This was the day I lost my idol, a Murcia Legend, A footballing legend, My dad. My family

9:03am

I woke in the hospital looking a worse state than to what I would be if I was hung-over. I was told that today I would have to leave and go home. Where was home now? I had no-one to go to. Nowhere to go. No support. I was alone, Or so I though.

One step out of the hospital and I was met by the biggest uproar this town had heard in a while, the Murcia fans had turned up in there thousands, they had heard the news and all 7,500 of them came to support me. I though I was alone but Murcia are a family, they stick by all their members and they had all come to comfort me. My life still had meaning, I wasn't alone, I had something to live for.

11:00am

I arrived home and decided to enter the world of twitter to personally thank all the fans who had come to the hospital to support me. I was meant by a Tsunami of tweets. Footballers, clubs and fans from all over the world had wished me support and respect for my lose. I felt like a proper part in the world. I was filled with joy and then my phone went off.

Mur: Is this Mr. Sarati

PS: Sure is, How may I help you?

Mur: Yes Pablo, It is Murcia C.F and we are phoning you to pay our respects to you.

PS: Thank you ever so much, all the support I have received has been so great for me.

Mur: Well, we have some news, due to the passing of your father, the club are without a manager...

PS: And...

Mur: Who better to carry on the legacy then the legend's son himself. We would love for you to takeover full-time.

PS: I would love to, A chance to honour my father would be the best send off I can give him. I would love to fulfil his dreams.

Mur: Brilliant, come over to the club office tomorrow and we will discuss contracts and personal terms.

*Beep*

All my father wanted was to take his Hometown club to La liga, that was his dream, He was sadly taken before he had a real chance but I won't let him down and I will complete what he was deprived of.

July 9th 2014:

This was it, this was the day. My father had spent the past 10 years building a legacy at his hometown club. The fans loved him, his family loved and the club loved him. Everyone evolved in the club had something taken from them on that tragic day just 1 month ago today exactly. I was here to continue his legacy in my greatest efforts and see if I could bring what even consolation and success to the club that I could. I took a deep breath and stepped outside. How would the fans feel today? Yeah they were supportive at the hopsital but we were all mourning my father's death. How would they feel now? Both me and them knew you couldn't just replace a club legend with his son and expect the same sucess, the same support and the same respect. I was worried that I would just be seen as a quick replacement that the fans wouldn't like. Being trapped in thoughts I realised I had been stood on my doorstep for 10 minutes. If I was to make an impression, I certainly didn't want to make it a negative one by being late. Murcia was a small town so everyone knew everyone. It also meant that my home was just a 5 minute walk from the stadium. I made my way outside and was met by a wave of fans. Within seconds all heads turned towards me, I stepped up in my new suit. I looked up to acknowledge the fans and was instantly replied to by a huge noise of cheers and applause. There were many signs saying things like. "Sarati Son Saves Season" and "The Legacy Lives On". My starting emotion of regret and fear turned into delight and excitement. I was expecting a couple of years of having to prove myself to the fans and showing I was as much of a club man as my father but it seems they saw my love for the club while I was assistant and accepted me into the club. I felt one with the club and with the fans. I had originally there would be alot of boos so I was just going to make my way into the stadium as quickly as I could with my head down. However with this unexpected love I made my way inside slowly, stopping to talk and communicate with all the fans. Eventually after around 10 to 15 minutes of meeting and greeting, I made my way inside to the office. I shook hands with Jesus Samper and we sat down for our meeting.

Board: Hi Pablo, welcome to les Pimtoneros. I'd like to take a few minutes of your time to welcome you to the club before handing over to your assistan manager, who is going to discuss staff responsibilities with you. I alo want to assure you that you have the full backing of the board and we wouldn't have hired you if we didn't feel that you were the right person to propel the club forward.

Pablo: Great, Let's get this meeting started. I'm really looking foward to working with this club and achieving big things. I also appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to welcome me in person!

Board: We are aware you know a lot about the club already but would you like to know more about the history of the club.

Pablo: Know it's okay, I spent my whole childhood obsessed over this club and over the past couple of years, I have learned this club back to front!

Board: The club feels that we really should be winning the league and will offer you the following budgets.

Wage budget: £40K per week.

Transfer Budget: £0

Pablo: Those expectations sound great.

Board: Thank you for answering our questions, would you like us to hand you to you assistant.

Pablo: No it's fine, I am looking to complete a couple of different things right now but I will talk to him shortly.

Board: Ok, well thank you anyway, We wish you all the best.

I got up and left the boardroom. I made my way past the main enterance and looked outside, all the fans were gathered outside. I felt bad just leaving them there waiting so I decided since it was a small club, I went outside and personally signed an autograph for everyone to show I was the fans I was dedicated to them and the club. About an hour later I made my way back inside and into my office. I had a lot of work to do.

July 10th:

It had been a day since I was officially announced as Murcia manager and it hadn't sunk in yet. I made my way to the stadium at 7:00am as I had a lot of work to do. Making my way into the office, I noticed all my dad's work and pictures. I saw one of me and him. I stood frozen in the middle of the office and I probably would have been there for hours if it hadn't been for Oscar Sanchez, One of my coaches,

"We all miss him deeply"

"The pictures just remind me of old times"

"Well the best way to remember him is to honour his memory and take Murcia to Liga BBVA"

"One step at a time but that is the aim".

Oscar continued to walk on before turning on his heels to give a couple of sheets of paper. He was once again on, whistling away. I returned to my desk to read what he had given me. "Team Report". Brilliant. Over the next couples of hours I sat, stared and planned before finally coming up with a formation and a Line-up.

Crespo
Sobregrau Jose Prieto Satrustegui
Marques Garmendia
Albiol Flores Jairo
Carrillo

I believed this was the best blend of Potential youth and Experienced leaders. I am hoping this is the team that could lead me to glory although obviously transfers and injuries could change this. I also needed to plan my training schedule as Monday 14th was the first training session, this is where I will teach the players how I want to play. However I feel my fathers style of play was great but it just needed to be slightly tweeked. It should be relatively easy for boys to adapt. I will now spend the next couple of hours wheeling and dealing with what minimal money I have to add players to what I believe to be an already strong squad.

Really like this idea, well written as well. Will definitely be following :)

July 15th 2014:

I never though this day would come, since I was younger I had always imagined the day when I would stand beside a player and show him off to the world as my new signing. Today was the day. I had seen my father show off so many of his new players and I was always waiting in the wings to meet them. Now I was going to stand as the manager alongside 4 men who I would today show off to the footballing world as my own. I suited up and my way to the stadium. I looked over to my watch to see it was 9:30am, the press conference was to begin at 10:30am and the boys were meant to come around 10:00. For now I was to go out to the training ground to start the boys off for todays training before assistant Oscar Sanchez would take over while I announced the signature of the new players.

10:00am

I heard the knock on my office door and when I opened it, I was faced off with the four summer signings. Alex Guedes, Dani Aquino, Alex Perez and Cristian Ceballos. This is where the realism hit me. I was finally about to announce my first signings. I led the boys to the stage that had been set up inside the stadium in the last hour.

10:30am

I posed for the pictures. Each direction I had cameras flashing at me. It was all so mesmerising as well as blinding. It was really a dream come true for me. Although people may have never heard of these players before I had and I had brought them here to the club I had now managed. In just one month I have had so many up's and down's but hopefully now I will be able continue on and lead this team to greatness.

July 15th 2014:

Today was the first of what I am hoping to be a lot of Landmarks for me, here at Murcia. My 20 year dream of wanting to manage Murcia in a match was about to come true. This was my first match. Yes it was just a friendly against our reserves and yes no fans were coming but it meant a whole lot more to me then it would have for anyone. My dreams were finally starting to take place. Out on the pitch, I sat in the managers seat for the first time as the proper manager and it felt like home. It felt like I belonged there. We reached 8:00 and the match began.

1' Murcia kick off here going from left to right and we are off....

5' Murcia through again and *Bang* they have hit the post again.

We had been through 3 times already but we still haven't tested the goalkeeper.

11' Murcia through again and this time it's over the keeper and hits the bar.

20' This time Carillo is on the ball, outside then inside. He has left the defence for dead. Through on goal and he sticks it in the bottom left corner. 1-0

Finally our first goal and what superb play from Carillo. I felt slightly more relaxed now.

27' Murica Imperial are piling on the pressure now. They have dominated since Murica first goal but have yet to score their own.

35' N'duiti picks it up in the center of the park. He looks left and right to see he has been left isolated. He knocks it around the first defender and strikes from 20 yards and it whistles into the top corner.

%*&@'!!! How? We completly isolated him so he had no options and yet he still scores. How? God Dammit.

Half time here. Murcia 1-1 Murcia Imperial.
How on earth have we let that slip boys. First of all, strikers. That was some of the most appauling finishing seen ever. Midfielder, well done for continously creating chances, keep it up. Defence, there is no way on earth that should of gone in. Stay Compact.

It was at that moment when the players walked out again that it hit me. "Stay Compact" this was the last thing I had ever heard my father say. I stared into the heavens above in the middle of the dressing room. I was brought back to earth by a loud whistle. The 2nd half began.

50' Murcia are completly in control but have yet to find that second goal, surely they will though? Surely?

65' Just past the hour mark and still 1-1 although Carillo picks up the ball, a quick give and go with his partner in crime before storming through and hitting a sweet shot and an amazing finger tip save.

85' Murcia battling away to find that 2nd goal but it doesn't seem to be coming their way. Nothing seems to be going their way.
This was not promising signs, how were we meant to win league games if we couldn't beat our own reserves.

86' Murcia smash the ball clear. Good defending. It drops down and Carillo takes it away from the whole defence. He is 1 on 1 and he has taken it around the keeper. CARILLO!!! Superb play 2-1

Finally! Carillo the savior. Thank the lord above.

90+1' Carillo is in again and a super chip. 3-1!

The game was over and it was all about Carillo. Pre-season was a time for the players to impress me and by far he had done it.

I walked back to my office with a smile on my face my first game, my first win!

One step down, many more to go!