hugsy

Reaction score
Is it just me or speed is worse then it was in fm12? I remember when someone had really good pace they would just run past anyone, defenders with low speed were really easy to past trought...but now at fm13 i dont see that anymore. I have central defenders with stats as low as 11, or 12 i they can play just as well as those with 15, 16 pace...

Im new at this so maybe im wrong, but someone notice that too?

thx

Last edited:
I think it was extremely over powered in fm12 like u said any striker with pace would just burn past defenders, seems like the opposite end of the scale on fm13 players with 11 pace can keep up with players with 19 pace.
Hopefully it will be better for fm14.

I think you are wrong. You may see them running and deduce what youve deduced but the end result is that if you have low pace cbs you ll concede/lose more.

Of course it depends on what "low pace" means. You mention 11/12 - Actually 12+ is pretty good for a cb.

Also pace generally and specifically in defence is related to tactics - the correct tactics (eg deeper defence line, standing off opponents) mask pace deficiencies.

All in all pace CAN be a crucial ingredient in winning even in FM13 despite appearance. Actually the easiest way to build a winning team is to have pacy players everywhere.

Was thinking more w/if vs fb/wb

I am actually using a deep line and stand off and it does make a difference like u said.

Last edited:
Its because Of the Colliding Detector. Previously, players ran through each other. Now they can't

Last edited:
Its because Of the Colliding Detector. Previously, players ran through each other. Now they can't
Hopefully SI give the players eyes in FM14, at least then my players might stop bumping into each other and losing the ball.

Last edited:
Yeah, it was rather overpowered in FM12 and I think they went a bit too far changing it with current version.

But at least you can make more varied tactics now. Using strong striker with good heading ability with two wingers playing good crosses works perfectly fine now. Give Llorente one good winger and he bangs 40 goals a season.

Every team I made in FM12 ended up having quick poacher and two quick inside forwards , all abusing pace and acceleration.

Using strong striker with good heading ability with two wingers playing good crosses works perfectly fine now.

Absolutely, this is how I got my Hull team promoted and straight into 4th in the Premiership. Hit them quick on the counter with your pacy wingers, and get a big strong striker who they can belt it in to.

A cb's anticipation and concentration all comes into it as well, so if your defender knows what the pacey winger / striker is about to do that gives the defender a head start, like rio ferdinand, not quick but always in the right place.

The trouble isn't in the game but the match engine, I brought this up a little while ago as you play a through ball and the player is a lot quicker than the defender with a few yards on him as well yet he makes a challenge most of the time and ends up in a corner. On the match engine it seems this way but the game determines it but doesn't account for what it looks like on the match engine, so it makes it seem like the defender keeps pace with the attacker but in actual fact doesn't at all. Or at least this is how it was explained to me.

So it looks like it but it's not........even tho tho that's what you see....it's actually not what you have seen....