Pardew confident of summer funds

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew is adamant owner Mike Ashley will release funds to allow the club to strengthen in the summer.

More...

gotta make sure they stay up before they start worrying about summer funds ;)

Surely he won't. Why would he? He is there only to do harm to NUFC.

If by funds they mean about £10 million then yer he will get funds

Who would they sign though?

A striker, a decent one who can actually take people on and score goals... i wouldnt mind someone like Elmander, who we were linked with in january, but owen coyle was having none of it.. we've had loads of links with Gervinho as well, who said that 'Newcastle are a fantastic club'

A striker, a decent one who can actually take people on and score goals... i wouldnt mind someone like Elmander, who we were linked with in january, but owen coyle was having none of it.. we've had loads of links with Gervinho as well, who said that 'Newcastle are a fantastic club'

Good job Elmander is out of contract then

gotta make sure they stay up before they start worrying about summer funds ;)

I agree.....although we should, we are definitely not the worst three in the league.

Surely he won't. Why would he? He is there only to do harm to NUFC.

It would not supprise me....... If he does though, I guarantee we fans will cause riot scences...lol

Who would they sign though?

Francis Jeffers

And will he still be there to spend it lol

I hope so......I kinda taking a shine towards Pardew.

I think Elmander on a free would be a good replacement for Carroll.

According to fm... Benzema...
Lol! FM can be so realistic and overrate clubs sometimes! Also, Elmander on a free would be a great coup for the club, and would mean they made a profit of £35m on Carroll's sale/replacement. They also need a great defender, in my opinion, like Cahill, Jones, Jagielka, etc.
EDIT: Maybe even Kjaer, if they're lucky!

We're scouting over Europe, have confirmed interest in Gervinho (and he's welcomed it), strong links to several other Ligue 1 players. We're also watching several Eredivisie players, and at least one Belgian. We're in discussions with at least a couple of out of contract or going out of contract players too.

To be fair, I would be happy if he was given £10m to spend on a striker. I just don't think I could trust giving £20m+ to Pardew, unless we finish top half.

We need a striker, badly.

Bolton to Newcastle.... dont think so
Money makes people change their mind, Newcastle will probably offer more wage, the wage which was vacanted by Carroll sale. Also, they would really want him, for a free it is a bargain, so they will probably offer lots of money. Bribery works, y'know ;)!

Back