Pardew confident of summer funds

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 2K
Elmander and Gameiro been linked, both would be good replacements for Carroll tbh

Money makes people change their mind, Newcastle will probably offer more wage, the wage which was vacanted by Carroll sale. Also, they would really want him, for a free it is a bargain, so they will probably offer lots of money. Bribery works, y'know ;)!

Elmander is possible, but unlikely. We don't do high wages any more (which he'd want, especially on a free), and he's 29.

Give Leon Best his chance he'll prove his worth
True, this. He has played pretty well so far since Carroll's exit but to be fair, he will never be a great striker, good enough for Newcastle though.

Why not give Alan Smith a few games up front to see if he can still play there.

Everyone seems to have forgotten he was a striker.

Why not give Alan Smith a few games up front to see if he can still play there.

Everyone seems to have forgotten he was a striker.

you could do that... or you could get rid of him since he sits on the bench happily taking £60000 a week. Anyone else reckon Ben Arfa would be good up front once he's back?

I heard stories of Taiwo (out of contract) to Newcastle if Enrique leaves in the summer!?

(Ben Arfa) Maybe as a supporting striker yeh........... I agree with Smith, He is championship quality imo

Perhaps the return of Owen/Martins?

He'd certainly be cheap, shouldn't be a bench warmer..

and Martins just pwns.

Who would they sign though?

Gervinho, Moussa Sow, and Seb Larsson.

Pardew has said two international players are all but signed, just need to wait until summer for transfers to go through. I imagine Seb Larsson is one of them.

Perhaps the return of Owen/Martins?

He'd certainly be cheap, shouldn't be a bench warmer..

and Martins just pwns.

don't think he's good enough/has good enough fitness to be a main striker for a team anymore tbh

don't think he's good enough/has good enough fitness to be a main striker for a team anymore tbh

Owen no, Martins yes. Owen cost us way too much first time around. No disputing his scoring record, but he is a liability to any club. Martins was and still is epic.

Owen no, Martins yes. Owen cost us way too much first time around. No disputing his scoring record, but he is a liability to any club. Martins was and still is epic.

ye I saw after I posted he editted to include Martins and I would agree that Martins would do well if he came back. Would you face competition from Birmingham to sign him though? (if they stay up of course) Also would the fans welcome him back after he left when they went down?

As much as I loved Martins when he did something special, he spent far too much time doing **** all and faking injuries, not to mention going completely missing in our relegation season. Signing him would be a step back, we want someone consistent up front without the attitude problems (and preferably able to not get into debt despite a massive contract).

Oh right, then I agree. Yes, Bolton are better than Newcastle, but probably not richer and not much better, the Toon used to be one of the best teams in England.

So did Norwich and Charlton and Leeds and Blackburn... Newcastle are more well known than Bolton so foreigners will only look at that.

Elmander would be taking a sideways step at best by going to Newcastle. I'd imagine he had someone else in mind when he realised he could leave on a free this summer.

Anyway, i reckon they should buy Nikola Kalinic off the newly relegated Blackburn, and Roque Santa Cruz who should go cheaply this summer and he has his family up north too. Then David Bentley of Spurs, Ireland off Villa, give Enrique a new deal, stick Ben Arfa on a wing, a few other squad players in, the dross out, and they have the makings of very good squad.

Back