• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew says his squad requires a handful of 'entertainers' to become a more competitive Premier League outfit.

More...

Roll on Carlton Cole then......:S

If West Ham get relegated resigning Parker would be a good move but he would probably want to stay around London, iirc he left Newcastle before because he was homesick.

What about Stephen Ireland :/

If you're implying that Stephen Ireland is exactly the kind of player we need - then no, bad Niall.

If you're implying that Stephen Ireland is an example of Pardew's warped idea of a good player then I agree.

Gervinho, Scott Parker as someone said would be good but I doubt it. I'd like to see us try for some takeover rejects - SWP, perhaps ambitiously even someone like Esteban Granero as Canales is probably too high profile for us at the moment.

Then there's always the Berbatov dream ;)

Ive heard reports of us getting Demba Ba from West Ham if they go down, I would be well chuffed with that one :) Ben Arfa back from injury is like a new signing. I would love to see Taarabt at Newcastle in the Premier League but somehow I dont think it will happen.

If you're implying that Stephen Ireland is exactly the kind of player we need - then no, bad Niall.

If you're implying that Stephen Ireland is an example of Pardew's warped idea of a good player then I agree.

Gervinho, Scott Parker as someone said would be good but I doubt it. I'd like to see us try for some takeover rejects - SWP, perhaps ambitiously even someone like Esteban Granero as Canales is probably too high profile for us at the moment.

Then there's always the Berbatov dream ;)
Instead of the impossible why not go for the very possible option? Gameiro?

Berbatov's mother has said his dream as a young player is to play for Newcastle, and his icon is Alan Shearer.

Would love it if we had berbatov......would love it even more if we had Gameiro....but it would be awesome if we had them both.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

What about Stephen Ireland :/

What a waste he has been........

Berbatov's mother has said his dream as a young player is to play for Newcastle, and his icon is Alan Shearer.

Yes, I dont know about playing for Newcastle but Shearer and Van Basten are his icons.. He used to sleep wearing Shearer shirt..

Yes, I dont know about playing for Newcastle but Shearer and Van Basten are his icons.. He used to sleep wearing Shearer shirt..

If you read further down on the Wiki article it says it there.

If you read further down on the Wiki article it says it there.

Yeah got it.. I heard about it, but was not sure. Anyways got it.

She said: "Dimitar wore this shirt all the time. He even used to sleep in his Newcastle shirt! It's that special to him.

"He told me it was his dream to play for Newcastle United one day and wear the same shirt as Alan Shearer.

"Shearer was a major inspiration. He liked the fact that Alan Shearer scored goals but was not a selfish player.

"He thinks this shirt may even have been a sign he was meant to play in England."

Would love him at Newcastle. Maybe dreaming a bit, but it cant hurt to do that can it? :)

Would love him at Newcastle. Maybe dreaming a bit, but it cant hurt to do that can it? :)

I dont think SAF will sell him though. Yes he has lost his place to Hernandez, but the way he was celebrating team goals and the way he was celerating with Hernandez after the game tells that he is happy with rotation and that is what i like about him. He will sacrifice for the team and wont moan about it.

Would be an absolutely superb signing for Newcastle if happens.. (Hope he will never sell him :) )

I dont think SAF will sell him though. Yes he has lost his place to Hernandez, but the way he was celebrating team goals and the way he was celerating with Hernandez after the game tells that he is happy with rotation and that is what i like about him. He will sacrifice for the team and wont moan about it.

Would be an absolutely superb signing for Newcastle if happens.. (Hope he will never sell him :) )

It all depends on how he feels should any offers come in for him. The type of player he is would love and also deserves to play 1st team games, although like you say, seems content to play rotational. But, you can never tell in football.

Also would love to see us go for Per Skjelbred, who we have been linked with god knows how many times, and Erik Huseklepp two top creative players.

I think Huseklepp would be an excellent addition, he is clever and very industrious.

I think Ba would be a good signing, or Ibsevic from Hoffenheim? And Gamerio would be a terrific signing.

They need extra steel at the back for me, go for a cheeky Subotic/Howedes bid?

Back