Pardew to spend in summer

*JK*

19th Title Here we Come
Reaction score
Original Article Here

Magpies boss insists owner Ashley is fully committed to the cause.

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has claimed that the club will be spending money on new players in the summer. The Magpies received a British transfer record £35million on transfer deadline day in January for star striker Andy Carroll from Liverpool, But were left with very little time to bring in a replacement with the sum received. Free agent Shefki Kuqi was signed as a short-term fix to the problem of losing the England striker, but many fans were disappointed the club did not have a contingency plan once the 22-year-old departed. Pardew told Sky Sports News that owner Mike Ashley, who has not been a popular figure on Tyneside since taking over the club in 2007, wanted to carry on investing, and he was doing his best to get as much money as he could for transfers. "I think Mike's made it clear that the financial model that he's put in here is one where he doesn't have to go to his personal world to fund it," he said. "While he is here, he wants to make it viable. We're going to use that money to build the club and have a team on the pitch. "The most important thing is Mike's a supporter and he wants his team to be exciting and wants to get excited about the prospects of the club.

Passion

"So it's a two-fold situation here, and I'm leaning on his passion for the team to get more money out of him and use as much money as I can. "The short of it is that we will be signing players in the summer, for sure." The club sent out a statement of intent by securing midfielder Cheik Tiote on a six-and-a-half-year contract on Friday, something Pardew felt was a big message to their supporters about the commitment of their owner. "I think with any club, it's difficult to keep any players at whatever club you're at," he continued. "We're trying to do the best we can and for our fans to have this player secured for this length of time gives us some insurance. "And we're hoping that he (Tiote) continues to play at the level he's been at, he's been absolutely brilliant.
"To be fair to Mike he's gone and said 'let's get this guy done,' because after Andy he wanted to make sure that he sent a message to the fans that he is here, he is keeping his eye firmly on the club and he wants to build the club. And this is a big step towards that. "I think negotiating in the Premier League for any senior player is always complex and difficult. "We want to keep our best players, I make it perfectly clear from a manager's point of view. "Whether we can is down to the market and to the player themselves. You want to keep your best players and you want them to stay."

What are you Newcastle fan's thinking?
Who will you sign in the summer?
What positons do you need?
Who would you like to see in Newcastle?