beard4toon

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am in my fourth season with AGOVV a dutch team i started out in the juplier league got promoted first season, vitesse are my parent team and i seem to be getting a huge problem. There seems to be a deal in place where they can steal my players on free transfers i have managed to build a really good squad and i am beating vitesse in the league 3 years running now yet every year they come in and steal atleast 2 of my best players.

I was playing last night and they stole my 22 year old wonderkid best CB and captain on deadline day with 2 hours to go my board wont let me have any control over parent or feeder clubs. I started the game with a sunday league reputation this has now gone up to national. I do apply for jobs every now and then and never ever get offered anything even with a small amount of time left on my contract should i just resign and maybe drop down to a smaller club and start again or should i stick it out and hope that the board can cut this link off bearing in mind it has been 4 years.

Just to add more detail, the challenge for me is to start off at a small club and to try and build a large reputation which eventually enables me to manage a big team, just want to hear what you guys suggest is the best route to take

Thanks

The very same thing has happened to me. Vitesse came in and poached my best wonderkid for ?0 after he just signed a new contract at my club. I get nothing in return... they have loaned me one player in the last 4 years. Really frustrating and there's nothing I can do to stop the poaching from happening again because it's a "long term partnership" so there's no option to cancel it. I'd at least like the option to cancel the partnership! This can't be how the partnership works in real life?? It's an absurd arrangement.

So on top of what I described above, Vitesse just came in and signed my best player and captain on a free transfer, leaving me with a massive gap in my team and no compensation. On top of that, I had three other players come into my office and say they were upset about the sale of key players!! So now the problems are snowballing and there's nothing I can do about it because the game won't let me terminate the partnership between our clubs.
This whole situation is ridiculous, I hope they've changed the dynamic of the affiliation in FM14...!!!!

Can't you cancel the link between your clubs so they can't take your players for free??