Park Ji-sung's 5 million move to QPR

NO2OUP

Reaction score
Just wondered what QPR and Man United fans thought of this ?

i personally think it's a great buy for QPR shows they mean business for next season.

View attachment 259078

He'll have more of an impact on shirt sales than he will in his performances. Has always been a solid performer for united but looked considerably under par last season so he is maybe on the wane. 5 mill a good deal for united though given his age and in terms of increasing reputation and making a statement then I guess it is quite astute from qpr too.

he will be starting every game for them... good deal for QPR! Could be one of the signings of the season if you ask me! I thought we could have at least got £8-£10m for him though

Not with the form he was in, plus his natural game is extremely energy intensive. The last couple of years he seemed to be just running, not pulling many interceptions like he used to and bursting forward. You can't have that sort of game forever, plus releasing the wages for other uses will be great for Utd. As mccollio states, great for shirt sales/profile of the club though.

I was saddened to hear about Park Ji Sung leaving Manchester, he is one of the only players in the EPL who gained most of his skill through hard work. In my opinion players who work hard have a prolonged career of success, look at Ronaldinho, pure talent but was lazy, left barcelona because Pep Guardiola didn't want his attitude to rub on Messi. I think it is a really nice buy for QPR, both commercially and footballing reasons. His die hard attitude might also rub off on young players because of his reputation and the trophies he has won over the years.

Yeah shirt sales, now all of a sudden Koreans will start buying QPR jerseys.

He is good player who will add a lot for QPR team. His work rate his immense, like up play, positioning everything is good enough for midtable PL club, nevermind the one fighting relegation.

Raikan, really? £8-10M? I'm surprised we got £5M for him tbh.. His age and performances have been shocking really for about 2 seasons. Absolutely love him, but his time had come unfortunately. Good luck Ji!

Quality signing for QPR.. Much better than the **** they've been bringing in over the past 12 months.

he will be starting every game for them... good deal for QPR! Could be one of the signings of the season if you ask me! I thought we could have at least got £8-£10m for him though

He's 31.. In fact, you only got £2m up front.

Raikan, really? £8-10M? I'm surprised we got £5M for him tbh.. His age and performances have been shocking really for about 2 seasons. Absolutely love him, but his time had come unfortunately. Good luck Ji!

5 Million? Thought it was only 2M? If 3M are addons, any idea on what is it?

I heard it was £2.5M up front with the rest based on appearances and league position. Plus an extra 500K if they finish top 10 next season.

No idea if true though.

People seem to be forgetting that Man United only spent £4 million on him when they bought him from PSV. Given the income from shirt sales he's brought us, plus helping boost our profile in Asia, plus the fact he was a genuinely good player who scored some important goals, to then go and sell him for £2 million, I think its a fantastic bit of business for United. Even more so if the deal goes up to £5 million and United actually end up selling him for more than they bought him! Plus, the player himself is happy, he knew he wasn't going to be getting many games at United next season. I think this is a fantastic deal all round.

agree there mate weird thing is park ji-sung is one of my favourite buys on football manager aswell and to be honest i think he could fit into any team in the world based on his work rate and team work.

I was saddened to hear about Park Ji Sung leaving Manchester, he is one of the only players in the EPL who gained most of his skill through hard work. In my opinion players who work hard have a prolonged career of success, look at Ronaldinho, pure talent but was lazy, left barcelona because Pep Guardiola didn't want his attitude to rub on Messi. I think it is a really nice buy for QPR, both commercially and footballing reasons. His die hard attitude might also rub off on young players because of his reputation and the trophies he has won over the years.

agree there mate weird thing is park ji-sung is one of my favourite buys on football manager aswell and to be honest i think he could fit into any team in the world based on his work rate and team work.

maybe its because I usually fetch around that for him in Fm :p lol