Parking the bus is near enough impossible

ImAddicted

Reaction score
After several attempts of parking the bus with the premier leagues best defences, I have come to terms that it cant be done. After trying to emulate parking the bus with Chelsea the opposition still manage to find shots on goal, still manage to find tons of space in the box. I can never find away to force opposition out wide and keep plenty of men in the box without the goalkeeper still being tested. **** even Aguero managed to find a header between Terry and Cahill (Which I know isn't completely impossible but the chances it happening are near enough slim). Feel free to give advice but it is now that I have realised why everyone only makes attacking tactics...

I also struggle with this, the closest I've come is using a deep 4-2-3-1 (or 4-2-2-1-1 almost) like so:

GK
-
FBs CD LD FBs
-
BWMs DLPd (defensive mid positions)
-
Wide Playmaker left, Winger/Def Winger att right
-
Att Mid sup
-
Complete Forward att

Team instructions I think I actually used retain possession, pass into space (to try and hold the ball and wait for opening). Used structured mentality, more disciplined, etc. Think it's important to keep the AM/CF relatively attacking to have an outlet also.

I never really tried parking the bus in fm15 as i mostly play pretty good teams "Not 5 star but good enough to play CL seriously" but if you want my feel. I think having ball winning midfielders is not adapted as they have a tendency to close down and put pressure on ball holder. This makes him leave the formation and destroy the balance making teamates move to fill the gap plus the DLM is not a purely defensive role espcially with support mentality.

I'd go with an anchor man and maybe a DLM/d so he stays defensive minded. also go structured/very structured so your squad old position.

With structured/very structured I find that my attacking players don't defend much often and if they have full backs bombing forward I quite literally get outnumbered

With structured/very structured I find that my attacking players don't defend much often and if they have full backs bombing forward I quite literally get outnumbered
By attacking players, do you mean AML/AMR? If so, what are you doing with them if your parking the bus?

Tight marking full backs is a simple way to counter that. In a structured setup maybe setting your attacks to close down much more could help too.

By attacking players, do you mean AML/AMR? If so, what are you doing with them if your parking the bus?
No, I'm talking about strikers and AMC. I already know they don't contribute defensively

No, I'm talking about strikers and AMC. I already know they don't contribute defensively
Then how are you getting outnumbered? Having an AMC might also be a bad move.

Tight marking full backs is a simple way to counter that. In a structured setup maybe setting your attacks to close down much more could help too.

Tight marking using OI's or PI's?

Who seriously wants to win playing poor *** chelsea 'style' (phrase used very very loosely) football anyway!!

Who seriously wants to win playing poor *** chelsea 'style' (phrase used very very loosely) football anyway!!
I'm not a Chelsea fan but the way defend is beyond impressive, I can't believe I'm saying this but defensive flaws when it comes to player intelligence on the pitch and ofc animations play a part too.

Then how are you getting outnumbered? Having an AMC might also be a bad move.

To be honest it isn't really the formation that hinders me it is generally the players movement on the pitch and how they act. Not only do I want my games but I do analyse the AI as well and defensively more occasional then normal there is always problems.

To be honest it isn't really the formation that hinders me it is generally the players movement on the pitch and how they act. Not only do I want my games but I do analyse the AI as well and defensively more occasional then normal there is always problems.
It's not that much of an issue to park the bus. Are you trying this for entire games or just at the end to see the game out?

I'm a little confused as to why you have an AMC and ST if you're parking the bus though? At best, you're parking a mini-van.

It's not that much of an issue to park the bus. Are you trying this for entire games or just at the end to see the game out?

I'm a little confused as to why you have an AMC and ST if you're parking the bus though? At best, you're parking a mini-van.

For the full game I'm mainly testing to see if I concede or how I concede or if I can play of the counter successfully whilst maintaining a strong shape.

To be fair, I was only testing with AMC at first and now I have stuck with a 4-1-4-1 so yeah I'm trying to park a pretty big bus

For the full game I'm mainly testing to see if I concede or how I concede or if I can play of the counter successfully whilst maintaining a strong shape.

To be fair, I was only testing with AMC at first and now I have stuck with a 4-1-4-1 so yeah I'm trying to park a pretty big bus
That's a decent shape at least. There's a difference between parking the bus - not wanting to concede - and being defensive, playing on the break, imo. In the former, you're not even looking to attack. Playing on the break is quite doable with that shape, imo.

That's a decent shape at least. There's a difference between parking the bus - not wanting to concede - and being defensive, playing on the break, imo. In the former, you're not even looking to attack. Playing on the break is quite doable with that shape, imo.

Playing on the break is fine actually, but trying not to concede is still a massive problem. Any advice would be appreciated...

I need to beat Barca over 2 legs, any tips?

Playing on the break is fine actually, but trying not to concede is still a massive problem. Any advice would be appreciated...
Without specifics, giving advice is near enough impossible.