Parkour & Freerunning

JDY

Reaction score
Is anyone interested in this? I used to be into this when I was at school and was wondering if any of you lot know what it is, and have ever tried it before.
Here's a bit of background info on it:

Parkour (sometimes also abbreviated to PK) or l'art du déplacement [1] (English: the art of moving) is the physical discipline of training to overcome any obstacle within one's path by adapting one's movements to the environment.[2] It is a non-competitive, physical discipline of French origin in which participants run along a route, attempting to negotiate obstacles in the most efficient way possible.. Skills such as jumping and climbing, or the more specific parkour moves are employed. The object of parkour is to get from one place to another using only the human body and the objects in the environment. The obstacles can be anything in one's environment, but parkour is often seen practiced in urban areas because of the many suitable public structures available such as buildings and rails.

The term freerunning is sometimes used interchangeably with parkour. While superficially similar, freerunning places more emphasis on the aesthetics of movement and finding creative ways to overcome obstacles than on efficiency and simplicity. However, there is some controversy over the exact definitions of the two terms.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEeqHj3Nj2c"]YouTube- Parkour and FreeRunning[/ame]

Sorry if it's not some people's cup of tea but I was just wondering if anyone else found it interesting :)

Yeah free running is pretty awesome, and yeah it is just outdoor gymnastics but it looks ten times better than normal gymnastics tbh, a few of my mates are really good at it

Always liked the look of this. Would never try some of it though as I know I would fail :p

Always liked the look of this. Would never try some of it though as I know I would fail :p

Lol. That's what I thought when I was interested in doing it. Turns out I was pretty good at it but it comes at a price (getting hurt alot). :$

I'm not agile enough for that. I find it interesting to watch though.

My Step-Brothers, Brother does it, and there is a video of him on Youtube, which I'll post up later or tomorrow so you can see. Him and 3 other mate's and it's pretty good.

And I go to college in town and when I'm going home I always see these lad's doing it near this river, it has high walls, bar's ect ect and it's a good spot to do it.

I've always liked watching it, but would never try it. :p

one of my brothers friends does this, looks pretty hard, im not too flexible

Yeah, at first I didn't know what the **** I was doing but a few of my mates were keen so i got good at it pretty fast. None of that jumping from building rooftops though, that's just crazy oO)

Yer I agree that's crazy. I can't even do good stuff on a trampoline, let alone that.

I can jump over a bin, that's about it. :$

I cant even climb over a fence without my muscles straining XD

The closest I get to free-running is when I'm jaywalking and I jump over the barriers separating road lanes.

I always want to trip the guys up mid run, Think i will stick to doing it in Assasins Creed

Amazing agility from those guys on a clip. There was a guy where I live and he tried it between two buildings, fell and died.

my best gymnastically capability is trying to do a handstand

and then falling over

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_mpNUl3swk"]YouTube- The Office Parkour[/ame]

Looks fun and takes plenty of skill but at 15stone I ain't taking it up any time soon.

Last edited:
Lols at Redders Vid

I used to do it and was quite good at it but then i moveed house and theres wasnt much to do here so i stopped ;(