Parsing Error that no one seems to have the answer to.

lukestone11

Reaction score
(NOTE THIS IS A PROBLEM WITH FOOTBALL MANAGER 2010!)

I have looked over, and over to find a sloution to this parsing error...

" XML parsing error not well-formed (invalid token) at line1 of defult.xml"

I am running Football Manager through steam, and this message used to pop up twice, and after that it would continue onto the game. I tried changing things around a little, deleted all my saved games but every time i click "OK" when the error pops up it wont go away, I cannot play the game anymore because of this reason, annoying!

I think it has something to do with the "Defult" part of the error, I have also tried unistalling and reinstalling the game but it continues to happen.... Anyone who can help with this needsa gold medal!

Yes, plus there solutions for 2009, when i tried changing the code at the properties on the desktop icon i changed the 2009 to 2010, but still nothing, I have also tried pretty much everything else, and whats important is that its the DEFULT in the error code, not Saved_Game or whatever and in the thread you suggested it doesnt say anything about that particular code, which is why im struggling! lol

Hmmm Sean asked, Do you have any downloaded skins or any panel modifications?

Yeh it would suggest you might have downloaded a graphic or something that isn't working how it should - delete anything that you think it could be.

The only thing I have downloaded is the patch. When I did some research earlier, people where having the same problem as me because it was a problem with the patch, hopefully they will release a new one soon!(and take out Chelsea's transfer embargo!) So I think it might be a problem with the patch...

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 AM ----------

Turns out I just deleted the patch at it wasnt the problem! Back to square one... -.-

The latest one has removed the embargo mate here

(NOTE THIS IS A PROBLEM WITH FOOTBALL MANAGER 2010!)

I have looked over, and over to find a sloution to this parsing error...

" XML parsing error not well-formed (invalid token) at line1 of defult.xml"

I am running Football Manager through steam, and this message used to pop up twice, and after that it would continue onto the game. I tried changing things around a little, deleted all my saved games but every time i click "OK" when the error pops up it wont go away, I cannot play the game anymore because of this reason, annoying!

I think it has something to do with the "Defult" part of the error, I have also tried unistalling and reinstalling the game but it continues to happen.... Anyone who can help with this needsa gold medal!

I've got the exact same thing, deleted everything which I've downloaded. But still the same. Looked everywhere for a solution but it's all for FM09. :'(

add --"reset_preferences" to the target field?
You'll lose all previous data

Same thing happened to me. Here's what you do: Invalid Token XML parsing error

Try deleting the Settings folder from the following program path as detailed below:

- Windows XP:

My Computer -> Local Disk (C -> Documents and Settings -> <username> -> Application Data -> Sports Interactive -> Football Manager 2010 -> Settings

- Windows Vista / Windows 7:

Computer -> Local Disk (C -> Users -> <username> -> AppData -> Roaming -> Sports Interactive -> Football Manager 2010 -> Settings

Please note saved progress may be lost.

Once deleted restart your computer and try launching the game again.

If you are unable to locate the folders please ensure that hidden folders are enabled as detailed below:

- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Select Folder Options*
- Select View
- Select Show Hidden files and folders

*If Folder Options is not shown:

Windows XP/Vista : Select Classic View from the Control Panel.
Windows 7 : Select Large Icons from View By

Haha worked! Got the new patch as well, all good! Cheers mate... You get the gold medal!