wayupna

Reaction score
As most on here no im at FC United at the moment and was talking to a chap who allways plays non league the other day who made a comment that i thought was worth asking on here to get opp's on it..

Whats best to have players on PartTime or FullTime contracts when you are a semiPro club?

All my Players are on PT but now pondering changing this to F/T contracts..

What are your thoughts ??

I prefer FT contracts for all, so they can get the best from their training

If you have a really good youngster you want to train you could offer just them a full time contract, but I think you should stick to PT until you can afford to go Pro. If you can afford it, I would do it.

IMO keep them on part time contracts until your club turns professional. The reason for this are:
1. You save a bit of money
2. Training is not important in LLM as you may only have the player for one season, coaches are ****, and gains are minimal.

I'd only give a Full Time contract if, like SaintBantam said, you have a very promising youngster you don't want to loose. Or you have a very important first team player that is way above the current level of players, that could be useful for a few seasons.

Last edited:
IMO keep them on part time contracts until your club turns professional. The reason for this are:
1. You save a bit of money
2. Training is not important in LLM as you may only have the player for one season, coaches are ****, and gains are minimal.

I'd only give a Full Time contract if, like SaintBantam said, you have a very promising youngster you don't want to loose. Or you have a very important first team player that is way above the current level of players, that could be useful for a few seasons.

couldnt agree with this more

Cheers all will use some of this advice i do have 2 young players who i think have got bags potential..

Thnaks