HRz

Reaction score
So I wanted to create a possession tactic which would give me around 65% possession in games, and also 900+ passes. I did that with decent results.

I am at the moment number 4 in the danish league with FC Nordsjælland. The problem is the lack of ball playing defenders with good stats in technique and passing which I think means that the tactic haven't hit its full potential yet. Also I think the tactic could need some tweaking, but I believe it has potentiale. And with the help of some of the best tweakers on FM-base we have potential for a master passing tactic(H)(H)(H)
Some results here:

View attachment 57605
View attachment 57604
View attachment 57603
View attachment 57602

Tactic link:
Pass

View attachment 57601
View attachment 57600
View attachment 57599

HRz. Great to see someone else playing with FCN. I am almost done with my second season, and currently leading the series.
I do have around 6-800 passes each game, and averages 58,5% in the league.
BUT! i do create a lot more chances, i think i average 3-4+ CCC each game, i also only lost 2 matches this second season.

Asante as winger is amazing, and so is Mathias Rasmussen (who i sold for almost 50mio DKK)

Not a bad start, tweaked some roles a bit to get more penetration and suit the players i have. The AP on the right was leaving acres of space but no one there. Superb potential.

Any chance we can get a mirror version too? with the AP on the left?

View attachment 57220

I suggest training in attacking set pieces, you get a boat load of free kicks.

Not a bad start, tweaked some roles a bit to get more penetration and suit the players i have. The AP on the right was leaving acres of space but no one there. Superb potential.

Any chance we can get a mirror version too? with the AP on the left?

View attachment 1157238

I suggest training in attacking set pieces, you get a boat load of free kicks.

Thank you! Would love people tweaking it. I train ball control, as I think it works the best! I will keep on tweaking it, and try to make a mirror version :D

Thank you! Would love people tweaking it. I train ball control, as I think it works the best! I will keep on tweaking it, and try to make a mirror version :D

you mean you think it works best to train the attributes ball control trains?

2nd game - biiiigg test. 1-0 up from the 1st leg. was closing out 60% possesion late into the 2nd half but players were knackered! really need to find a waste timee/save energy version.

View attachment 56931

not happy with the right hand side, but i#ll work on that.

i would love to try if you get a consistent tweak. I love the play but struggle to score or create real chances.

Changes so far - those is bold are working well, and will prob stay that way. rest is subject to change.
  • Left Winger - > Inside Forward Support & "get further forward" & "fewer risky passes"
  • Striker -> DLF - Attack
  • Left Centre Mid - Roaming Playmaker & "Shoot less often"
  • Right Centre Mid - Mezzela Support & Direct Passing
  • Full backs (same but "run wide with ball"
  • Right Winger - Adv. Playmaker Attack with Roam & Stay wider. - but not happy with this so far. might just be Bernardo in **** form though.

Thank you wkdsoul for your tweaking help. It still needs work. But I think in FM 18 it is tough to create a "real" possession tactic and at the same time get the right results

Thank you wkdsoul for your tweaking help. It still needs work. But I think in FM 18 it is tough to create a "real" possession tactic and at the same time get the right results

Its a fine balance, the basic tac is great.

Changes so far - those is bold are working well, and will prob stay that way. rest is subject to change.
  • Left Winger - > Inside Forward Support & "get further forward" & "fewer risky passes"
Did you move the left winger up the pitch, i assume?