wr1097

Reaction score
View attachment 578461

I want to start a Pass the Parcel game a bit different from the others. A journeyman save would be a challenge because of the fact that the people playing would have to take a unanimous decision on the manager's career - whether he takes a top job, or starts from the bottom again or takes over his favourite club should he get the opportunity.

I already have one player willing to join, so I only need one more. There are a few conditions though:

1. We will start the save as a South African with Sunday league rep. Instead of starting unemployed, the manager will take over the team predicted to finish last in the National First Division (2nd division in South Africa). This is to save time and avoid having one player go unemployed through his six months.

2. The player should be able to complete his six months within a week. I would have set 2-3 days but this may not be possible due to the fact that we could be playing with a set of unknown players and we may need more time to assess our squad.

3. Any time you wish to apply for a job/are offered an interview, you must stop the save at the point where you want to apply/before you attend the interview and consult with the other 2 managers (via private message) on what you do next.

4. Updates on the save can be monthly, bimonthly or you can also do all six months at once - that is not a problem. It just has to be informative enough that the next player can go into the save without having to track back too much.

Hopefully, we can turn this into a successful career!

The three players participating are:
1. wr1097
2. Fm14KmD
3. Jxck

Career History

Season
Team
Division
Position
Cup 1
Cup 2
Continental Competition
2013-14
Roses United (South Africa)
NFD
ongoing
Nedbank Cup - Eliminated in Prelim. Rd.
-
-

Last edited:
You know I'm up for it mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know I'm up for it mate.

Yeah, mate. That one player who's already confirmed is you. Just have to wait for one more.

****, I wasn't quick enough :p It's alright, seems like a good idea, and I bet it'll be a good read :p

Ok, I'll start up the save in a little while. I assume you have read the rules?

Yeah! Ive read them! Can I Have the save second please? Cause I have exams soon? So the sooner I get the save the better really.

****, I wasn't quick enough :p It's alright, seems like a good idea, and I bet it'll be a good read :p

Why I start one while waiting for my turn on this one and make you my second player @kiedude

What kind of Pass the Parcel save? National team, Specific club or like this one ( journeyman ) ?

Wanna try a journeyman? Talk by messages to not destroy this thread with our talk :p

When you starting the save? Cant wait to play this!! Also Am I Aloud to be second? Sorry for spamming

When you starting the save? Cant wait to play this!! Also Am I Aloud to be second? Sorry for spamming

I've sent a message to the other player regarding the order. I'll start the story in an hour or two and have an update ready.

AND OFF WE GO!!!

The Setup

View attachment 384973

Only South Africa has been loaded for now with the the "top 5" on view-only.

Meet the Manager

View attachment 384972
View attachment 384971

Winston Morris - just picked a random name from the menu.

Where are we headed?

View attachment 384970

As I said in the first post, the challenge would begin by taking over the team predicted to finish last in the NFD - Roses United from Bloemfontein.

Poor training facilities - this job seems less appealing by the minute.
Off we go to pre-season.

Going to be doing bimonthly updates

Season 1 - 2013/14

July-August

Transfers

View attachment 384960

There was about ?200K in the transfer budget but most of it was moved over to increase the wage budget. Luckily, the 3 players I bought didn't demand any loyalty bonuses. Tried to offload a couple of players but there were no takers.

Key Players

There's no point in dong a squad overview so here are 3 key players.

View attachment 384957View attachment 384956View attachment 384955

I'm not very hopeful of anything but a mid-table finish, but that's the point of the challenge, you have to be prepared to build up a career.

Pre-Season

View attachment 384954

Not very convincing. The fact that the first 2 losses were against first division teams was a relief. The third loss, though was unacceptable.

Results

View attachment 384951

This is bad. We put up a fight with both our opponents, but they were too strong for us and scored twice in the opening half hour. We pick up only a point and will have to improve.

What tactic you starting with mate?