What tactic you starting with mate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tested some tactics in pre-season - counter/contain doesn't work well at all. I'm using a 4-4-2 that I downloaded from here and another lower tempo 4-2-3-1 formation off another site. (both control)

It's only early days, so time will tell.

Season 2013-14

Roses United (South Africa)

September/October

Fixtures and Results

View attachment 384577

As you can see, after the break, we started with more of the same but after the Baroka game, I changed one of the tactics a bit and we've gone on a 5 match unbeaten run. Initially tipped for relegation, we're currently in 7th place - plus our 2 main strikers Zimba and Fakude are starting to show some semblance of a partnership. Things are looking better for the time being. Unfortunately I advanced a bit into November so I was unable to take a screenshot of the league table.

Best Result

View attachment 384576

Amazing result. Even in terms of possession and shots but we were more aggressive (the referee seemed to disregard the fouls) and we were clearly more clinical.

Season 2013/14

Roses United (South Africa)

November-December

Results

View attachment 383781

As you can see, we continued our great unbeaten run up until my last game in the NFD. Unfortunately, we crashed out in the Nedbank Cup to the team we thrashed last time around.

National First Division

View attachment 383780

We were predicted to finish last but so far, we've been defying the odds and pushing for promotion instead. David Fakude and Collen Zimba have struck a partnership, scoring 16 of our 25 goals in all competitions. This has been down to me using a 4-4-2 to get the best out our star players.

Nedbank Cup

View attachment 383779

I don't know what happened here. The first two times we went behind, we were able to strike back immediately. I'm not too worried because this allows to focus on getting promoted.

Key Player

View attachment 383778

I was hoping Zimba would lead the team from the front, but I have got to give credit to this guy. We've got a less than reliable defence, so it's up to Fakude to continue scoring and winning games for us.

I'm also going to edit the opening post to include career history and acheivements

Is this thread still going been a while since the last update lads?

Well I've been proper busy lately with exams but its been a week so is this still happening?