Kezza96

Reaction score
View attachment 345550
Athletic Club, also commonly known as Athletic Bilbao, is a professional football club, based in Bilbao, Biscay, Spain.
They are known as los Leones (The Lions) because their stadium was built near a church called San Mamés (Saint Mammes). Mammes was an early Christian thrown to the lions by the Romans. The lions refused to eat Mammes and he was later made a saint.The San Mamés Stadium is hence nicknamed "the football cathedral".The club has played in the Primera División of La Liga since its start in 1929. They have won the league on eight occasions. In the historical classification of La Liga,Athletic are in fourth place and one of only three clubs which have never been relegated from the Liga, the others being RealMadrid and FC Barcelona.The club is known for its cantera policy of bringing young Basque players through the ranks, as well as recruiting top Basque players from other clubs (like Joseba Exteberria or Javi Martinez). Athletic official policy is signing professional players native to or footballistically trained in the greater Basque Country, including Biscay, Gipuzkoa, Álava,Navarre ; and Labourd, Soule and Lower Navarre(in France). The club has been praised for promoting home grown players and club loyalty.

From Wikipedia

Introduction

So here is another Pass the Parcel! It will involve Myself (Kezza96), l7lDanny and Sam91. We will be playing as Athletic Bilbao, a team with a history of developing young talent from the Basque region. the three of us will embark on this journey in hope of making Bilbao the dominant force in Spain and the world.

The Team

View attachment 345559

Key Players

View attachment 345551View attachment 345552View attachment 345553

Andoni Iraloa-
He's probably going to be our best full back for the next few seasons until he gets too old.

Fernando Llorente-
It is a real shame that he will be off to Juventus at the end of the season, he is undoubtedly our best striker by far. Hopefully we make good use of them this season.

Iker Munian-
The wonderkid, will be the only one of the 3 players who will be at Athletic Bilbao for at least another 10 seasons (Unless someone sells him... I hope not!)

Ones to Watch
View attachment 345556View attachment 345557

Kepa Arrizabalaga- Our current first team GK, Gorka Iraizoz, is an excellent keeper, but if we are able to train this young lad properly we might be looking at our future first choice GK. He has bags of potential!

Markel Etxeberria-
Like Arrizabalaga, this kid has a lot of potential. He can potentially become our main Right back a few years down the line.

REGENS- We will undoubtedly get some quality regens coming through, and that is essentially the challenge- to produce fantastic players through our youth system.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

So there it is! Hopefully, with the combined experience that we bring to the table, we can make Bilbao one of the best clubs in world football.

Order
1st- Kezza96
2nd- l7lDanny
3rd- Sam91

View attachment 345560

why is there a guy with an irish flag in the fans picture? ;) cant wait for this to start

I have no interest in this story whatsoever lol

Good luck

Good luck with this, I enjoy my part in the pass the parcel story i'm part of more than my own story!

What happens if you guys leave Bilbao and take another job, the name of the Story mayb need changed :p lol

Good luck with this, Pass the Parcel is a cool thing to be involved with!!

What happens if you guys leave Bilbao and take another job, the name of the Story mayb need changed :p lol

Good luck with this, Pass the Parcel is a cool thing to be involved with!!

Hopefully that won't be the case for some time, but if we change team I'll ask a mod/admin to change the title (I think they can change it anyway!)

Thanks, looking forward to trying this out!

July-October Update

View attachment 345953

Transfers

View attachment 345954

We were given a budget of £17.3m, so I adjusted the budgets slightly and activated Benat's release clause. Apart from that, I did absolutely nothing other than letting a couple of youngsters go out on loan.

View attachment 345960

-------------------------------------------------------------

As for staff, well let's just say our coaches were dreadful, and we needed quite a few more than we originally had. I did end up having to pay some compensation fees but our coaching level is reasonable now. Not fantastic but so much better than before!

View attachment 345962

Results

View attachment 345963

Let's just say things have been pretty good! We have won every single game so far, including the big wins in the Europa League playoffs, and the 2-0 derby win over Sociedad in the league. However, do not expect anything as good as this in the upcoming 3 months, as I will be required to play some Spanish giants, including Valencia, Atletico Madrid, Real Madrid and Barcelona. As for the Europa League, the draw has been fairly kind to us, placing us in a group with AZ Alkmaar, Bursaspor and Debrecen (It can be argued that we've already played our toughest game in this group- we will see).

Just a couple of our good results so far...
View attachment 345964View attachment 345965

League/Europa League tables

View attachment 345966View attachment 345967

Also forgot to mention, our Youth and Training facilities will be improved!

View attachment 345968View attachment 345980

Next update will be January 1st, before handing the save over to Danny. Stay tuned!​