Goooner

Reaction score
Hey guys/girls. Firstly before people start complaining, I put this in here because in the tactical advice thread you normally only get one or two replies, but i need a few here.

So here we go:

After quite a successful first season with Arsenal i managed to do the treble(Carling Cup, Premiership and FA Cup) Im pleased with my achievements as i only bought two players Lloris and Miles Addison.

Im kinda disappointed with a few away losses and lesser opposition controlling the game away from home, I also noticed that we seem to concede a few goals later on in the game(Some advice on how not not would be nice (K))

Most of my goals came from a little midfield maestro called Arshavin aka GOD. He was the top scorer in the league and was Europes top marksman (H) with 24 goals from midfield. I would like more goals from upfront Bendtner did great for toward the end of the season scoring 20 all together and put me off signing Dzeko. I have to give a shout out to Max for his instructions ;)(Target man-Support)

I would like to know what you guys think is the most effective passing for scoring and conceding less goals?

My teams stats, tactics and players:

Lloris:
View attachment 21694
I have to recommend him to anyone thats shaky in goals hes a beast. He single-handedly kept up in games and he was the third best keeper in the world cup, at 23 thats quite an achievement :D

Arshavin:
View attachment 21704
What can i say, he is really something special(in a good way;)) the leagues top scorer with 24 from midfield in the league and and 30 something altogether.

Nicklas Bendtner:
View attachment 21696
Hes really impressed and will be a starter for me in the new season, only wish he was this good in real life XD

Heres my tactics:
View attachment 21697
View attachment 21698

League Tables:
View attachment 21701
Overall we did well but im looking to score more and concede less(arent we all :p?)

View attachment 21702
This is our home record in the league, and im proud of it :p Scoring the most but conceding a few as well. Im hating on Man City though, they only conceded 5 :mad:!

View attachment 21703
Im happy with the away record and that we won 12 but i really want to cut on on the losses and score more, We scored 21 less away from home which im not happy about :'(

Thanks to those put in the effort of reading and would like some advice on tactical tweaks away from home.

au revoir (H)

Last edited:
How much width do you create? I'd consider having fullbacks with the PPM 'gets forward often' and either tweaking them manually to be more adventurous for attacking set-ups or to try the 'wingback' role on them.

Kind of hard to tell what your tactics actually are in detail from that kind of info mate. I can see your formation is a narrow midfield diamond which is why I think having a Plan B which gives you width would be an idea, and I can see that your playing what is essentially a possession based game. But beyond that, I'm guessing on what you've got your team set up to do. I'd consider maybe switching your centre backs and DMC to 'man-marking' from zonal marking if you want to tighten up a little bit more.

Ok thanks Zebedee.
I have my fullbacks with the wingback setting
Senderos as a stopper
Zapata as a cover
Sandro as a defensive mid-support
Fabregas as a advanced playmaker-attack
Denilson as a central mid-support
Arshavin as a Attacking mid-attack
Bendtner a target man-support
Aguero as an advanced foward

And what do you mean by how much width do i create?

Last edited:
Think of it this way - what do you do when your players can't get through the opposition in the middle of the pitch? You've got some very, very good players there - but all your attacks are going to come through the middle unless your fullbacks get forward and give you some crosses into the box and/or pull the defence wider. The other issue is that you've not really got any height [edit: by that I mean aerial ability - 14 heading sucks for the level of football you're at; I've got better headers of the ball in my Conference side ;)] up-front, and IIRC Aguero has PPMs which are better suited to being the support striker (eg has he still got 'drops deep'?), so if the supply is cut out to their feet, then you're not going to score many.

No matter what 'tweaks' you do, your formation and style of play currently mean that you're reliant on your team creating chances through the middle - and those will be tough chances to take for the most part. So having a plan B with some width (perhaps pushing those players in the middle of the pitch wider - so a wide diamond) might break a defence down if you use it for 10 - 15 minutes, and then you can go back to plan A when the opposition are going to have to chase the game to equalise.

edit: if it helps make what I mean by 'width' clearer, have a think of how Barca play (which is really the style of football you're trying to emulate with those tactics). They have width from both of their fullbacks getting forward to overlap, as well as having two widemen who cut inside. They also have a target man who is able to hold the ball up, play in a winger or someone attacking from central midfield and can get on the end of crosses. Your tactics seem to be reliant on Arshavin having the ability to score goals created by what are really two support strikers playing him in - and when Arshavin has a DMC or two sat him on, I'd imagine he'll struggle. You need to have more options in attack.

Last edited: