Depends if you want a creative midfielder or a more defensive one, Pastore is better than Veloso offensively and Veloso is better in defence. Simple.

Veloso will compliment him better, whereas Pastore is the better player.

If you don't have a holding mid behind them, I'd certainly go with Veloso to solidify your D.

I'd only go with Pastore + Hamsik if you have a destroyer behind them IMO.......but if you do, its an ideal combination, because Hamsik can just be an MC/attack with Pastore taking playmaker responsibilities. Hamsik one of the few extreme creative mids that doesn't have "dictates tempo" or other skill that requires him to be the playmaker.

Pastore will make your team score more goals Veloso will help them concede less , buy one depending on whatever one of these areas is more of a problem :)

Hamsik isn't exactly the best defensive player in the world is he? And buying Pastore would then result in you have 2 attacking minded players in the center of the park, which could in turn lead to them dominating the midfield and letting in more goals.

I'd go for Veloso. Plus, you'd be able to get him cheaper.

Pastore is an att mid and Veloso is a def one so Veloso would be the better partner

I'd sell Hamsik and buy those 2 instead

To partner Hamsik, Veloso.

But Moussa Sissoko would be a better option.