Patch 10.3.0 activation code error?

foster13

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just finished downloading the update, chnaged the file to .exe, everything seemed to be updating fine but then when i go to start the game, a message comes up saying i need to enter an activation code for the game. I entered the one on the back of the cd manual but it didn't work. Any ideas?

Yeah i'm trying that now, taking absolutely ages to update on there though, only going at around 10 KB/s. Thanks for the help

did you have your game installed as steam already?

If you installed with the disc then no activation code is needed, only the disc.

If you had steam then it should update automatically, if you tried to update it yourself it will cause problems for the game

never update it yourself if you have it on steam, only bad things can happen

I didn't have steam before so it should be ok, its updating really slow though, only on 18%, did anyone else have this problem, and do you know how to make it go quicker?

Mine downloads very fast with Steam. Not sure why yours is going so slow.

Is it stuck on 18% or is it moving?

Moving, its on 48% now but its still ridiculously slow. Everything else seems to download fast so i don't think its my computer and the game is fast. I'll just leave it on overnight and hopefully it'll be done by the morning

have you installed it with steam or normal way?

steam shouldnt ask you for one, it should update automatically. if you did it by disc, you only need to put the disc in. never update manually on steam it will corrupt your game

i have the same problem, and i have the disk but it asks me still for the activation key, what ca i do? i installed the game normally not steam

i have the same problem, and i have the disk but it asks me still for the activation key, what ca i do? i installed the game normally not steam
uninstall it and install with steam

I don't have Steam, i just installed clean instalation from cd and then installed 10.3 patch. Before i installed patch game was working, but now needs activation code. What should i do? Please help

yove probably downloaded the wrong patch uninstall and reinstall. re downlaod the patch and make sure the link is the one for boxed copy. if you have the cd you can install it with steam