pimpdollar

Reaction score
How do I find a patch once i have downloaded it ? .............Are there any steps I should take after downloading ?

How do I find a patch once i have downloaded it ? .............Are there any steps I should take after downloading ?

go to where you downloaded it, then install the patch

It's quite simple
What patch are you downloading? If you download 10.3, you must have 10.1 & 10.2 installed

go to where you downloaded it, then install the patch

It's quite simple
What patch are you downloading? If you download 10.3, you must have 10.1 & 10.2 installed
10.3 contains 10.1 and 10.2.

@ pimpdollar - What do you mean 'find a patch'? You have to start a new game for the patch to take effect.

Basically i lost my old steam account and made a new one but as you know you can only use the game once and ive also lost the code, so now im playing offline with the cd, but it comes as 10.0 and i downloaded a summer patch on this website and placed it in the updates folder, but when i press new game it doesn't even give me the option to choose just loads 10.0 ?

Basically i lost my old steam account and made a new one but as you know you can only use the game once and ive also lost the code, so now im playing offline with the cd, but it comes as 10.0 and i downloaded a summer patch on this website and placed it in the updates folder, but when i press new game it doesn't even give me the option to choose just loads 10.0 ?
Hmm... Isn't the patch an executable? What I mean is don't you have to run it?

However I don't think you can install patches externally for Steam. Part of the point of steam is that it keeps your games updated automatically. If you have lost your key, you could contact steam support and prove that you bought it and the will probably give you a new key.