Patience wearing thin........

mightyred75

Reaction score
Playing as Liverpool (verision 9.3.0) and play 4-2-3-1. Everything fine pre-season, beat Athletico Mardrid 4-0 at home, then 4 away matches against Stoke (4-0 loss), Hull (3-1 loss), West Brom (4-1 loss), Athletico Madrid (3-1 loss). Can't win away from home. Don't play attacking home or away as I try to keep possession. Can anyone help?? My team line up is....

GK Reina
LB Dossena
RB Arbeloa
CB Carragher
CB Agger
MCd Mascherano
MC Alonso
AML Babel
AMC Gerrard
AMR Valencia
CF Torres

Playing as Liverpool (verision 9.3.0) and play 4-2-3-1. Everything fine pre-season, beat Athletico Mardrid 4-0 at home, then 4 away matches against Stoke (4-0 loss), Hull (3-1 loss), West Brom (4-1 loss), Athletico Madrid (3-1 loss). Can't win away from home. Don't play attacking home or away as I try to keep possession. Can anyone help?? My team line up is....

GK Reina
LB Dossena
RB Arbeloa
CB Carragher
CB Agger
MCd Mascherano
MC Alonso
AML Babel
AMC Gerrard
AMR Valencia
CF Torres

Do you have the TT&F guide? Can download for this site if not. I'm using the 5x5 Theory the Rafa mentality and so far I'm undeafeted in the premier league as Liverpool after about 15 games, with victories against the other top 4 clubs.

Everyone bar the AMC, CF are set to tight marking, and against the easier teams I tack of the tight marking from the AMR & AML as they shouldn't need to track back as much.

Playing Gerrard as a box to box midfielder in the AMC role and Alonso or Veloso as a deep laying playmaker. (see TT&F guide)

Attacking players all have much creative freedom while the defensive players, back four and Masch/Lucas have little. Defence is solid, and the attack is free flowing.

Working a treat for me so far anyway. If you haven't got the TT&F strongly recommend it.

Nicholls, that sounds like a solid tactic, was fancying doing a liverpool file as for many discussions on here but never have because of the tactics! wondered if you could post yours on here to see what they are like maybe? cheers

Nicholls, that sounds like a solid tactic, was fancying doing a liverpool file as for many discussions on here but never have because of the tactics! wondered if you could post yours on here to see what they are like maybe? cheers

I could if I knew how lol.

Yeah I have got the TT&F but still manage to get dry toweled by teams when playing away. Seem to leak goals constantly. Other teams goalkeepers are like the ghost of Lev Yashin and Reina plays like Ethel Skinner.

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

Sorry, and might seem and stupid question but on the TT&F if it states Cb to have a mentality of 8 this is the number of notches on the slider? Can you please tell me if there is 20 notches on the slider and if 10 is halfway.

Yeah I have got the TT&F but still manage to get dry toweled by teams when playing away. Seem to leak goals constantly. Other teams goalkeepers are like the ghost of Lev Yashin and Reina plays like Ethel Skinner.

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

Sorry, and might seem and stupid question but on the TT&F if it states Cb to have a mentality of 8 this is the number of notches on the slider? Can you please tell me if there is 20 notches on the slider and if 10 is halfway.

I've always taken it as the middle of slider is the 11th notch. If the slider is all the way to left then on notch 1 not 0 so middle of slider is 11.

In my Standard tactic CB's are 3 clicks left of centre, as are FB's and one of the DM's to mentality of 8, then other DM on mentality of 12 along with the attacking players.

I have found though that the team play better when using attacking tactic. Same as standard but everyone goes 4 clicks to the right from the standard tactic settings, so defensive 5 are on 12 and the attacking 5 are on 16. Wide, quick tempo, using playmaker (Alonso/Veloso), target man (Torres) and Gerrard given a free role.

I always follow the assistant manager adivce on opposition instructions as well, this will generally help close the game down and increase you control of the ball.

I use a 55 too with Madrid, nothing excptional, very atatcking wingers and a solid destroyer in the midfield with a more atatcking orientated cm, check the tatcics thread I think I called it ''Patrick's overlord tactic'', I pretty much win eevrything.