Patrick Vieira - from Midfielder to Manager

You just can't keep this guy out of the news ...

View attachment 203135
View attachment 203134

Zlatan confirmed that we made an offer for him to 'come home' in the summer just gone.

Sadly, Zlatan wouldn't even look at the offer we put forward! I'm still hopeful there's a chance we can bring him back to the San Siro as his PSG contract runs out in the summer.

View attachment 203129

Another game, very much like the Spezia match, against a team in the bottom half who are struggling a little this season.

View attachment 203131

View attachment 203132

We went with the same side that bear Spezia so comfortably last time out, with Antonelli failing a late fitness test and missing out again.

Bologna on the other hand went 3-5-2 with 2 wing backs. Their main threat looks to be Mattia Destro who's already scored 8 goals from 10 games.

View attachment 203130

The first half was pretty drab with neither side really taking control or offering much going forward. We took the lead shortly after half time though when Mauri fed through Carlos Bacca who finished really well, giving the 'keeper no chance.

Bacca then turned provider when set up strike partner, Ayoze Perez for him to double our lead. Bacca fed him through and he finished from within the 6 yard box to score his 6th of the season, one behind partner Carlos Bacca.

MAN OF THE MATCH - CARLOS BACCA

View attachment 203128

A goal and an assist really made this a pretty easy decision.

He's really starting to hit the form I'd hoped he would now, that's 3 in the last 3 and 7 in the league so far this season.​

View attachment 203124

The win against Bologna signaled the end of October, where we recorded 3 wins from the 4 games played.

View attachment 203123

We've got to be pretty happy with that run of results.

The only disappointment was the defeat to Juventus but in truth you can't really expect anything other than a defeat against the Italian champions.

3 wins with 3 clean sheets followed that defeat which keeps us 2nd in the league ...

View attachment 203122

Surprisingly Juventus dropped a couple of points against Udinese this month which means we're now only 1 point behind the leaders having played the same number of games.

We've got a difficult November coming up with games against Fiorentina, Sampdoria and Lazio being the standout fixtures.

The trouble we have is Juventus are more than capable of winning 10 in a row so we'll have to be right at it every game just to stay within touching distance of them.

Team of the month

View attachment 203121

Zappazosta only player to make it. It's probably been his poorest month for us after being pushed further forward into the midfield role. He's only managed 1 assist all month which for him is pretty poor.

I'm totally lost as to how Dybala made the team after only 1 goal in 4 games with an average rating of 6.8. Carlos Bacca, for example, got 4 goals in 4 games with an average rating of 7.8.

I still can't work it out.​

View attachment 203120

View attachment 203118

The first test of the month against Fiorentina as 2nd take on 4th!

View attachment 203116

We totally changed our shape for this game as I was getting more and more concerned about how narrow our play was, given the fact that Fiorentina play with 2 wingers and 2 attacking full backs, especially on the left hand side.

We changed to a 4-5-1 which can change to a 4-3-3 which is the same we used at Newcastle in away games.

Bernard came into the fold to play wide left and Carlos Bacca moved from a central role to wide right.

Antonelli makes a return to the starting 11 after missing the last 3 weeks or so due to injury. I felt this was important for this game as it allowed me to drop back to play with full backs.

Fiorentina on the other hand go with a 4-4-1-1 formation with Munir leading the line on his own up-front. The Barcelona loanee looks to be their main threat with 7 goals in 8 starts for them already.

View attachment 203115

This is one of the most impressive results and performances of the season so far for us, no doubt due to our change of formation.

Our job was made so much easier when Fiorentina were reduced to 10 men after Emiliano Rigoni was shown a straight red card for a foul on Carlos Bacca. To be honest, the foul didn't look too bad but I was complaining at the decision.

Bernard opened the scoring after he latched onto a deflected shot by Romagnoli and finished well. Ayoze Perez then doubled the lead just 4 minutes later when Carlos Bacca played him through and he finished well after being one on one with the 'keeper.

View attachment 203113

We then controlled the rest of the game very well, limiting Fiorentina to long range efforts most of which were either comfortably saved or went well wide. We then made it 3-0 when Thiago Maia headed scored with a free header from an outswinging corner.

Fiorentina then got a consolation goal with less than 5 minutes to go. Left back, Guilherme Siqueira finished well after beating Zappacosta too easily and finishing past the 'keeper.

MAN OF THE MATCH - DAVIDE ZAPPACOSTA

View attachment 203112

Despite his mistake for their goal he was a costant threat and looked even better playing behind an attacking winger.​

View attachment 203110

View attachment 203109

Another very winnabe game here against Chievo who are having a decent season this time out but last season only just survived relegation.

View attachment 203108

This should be a very winnable game against a side in 13th position and who only just survived in the division last season.

We revert back to our 4-4-2 diamond formation as it should give us more attacking freedom which we should be playing with in games like this.

Chievo go 4-5-1 with Paloschi leading the line for them. Paloschi looks to be their only player of real quality, he's scored 6 this season which isn't too bad for a struggling side.

View attachment 203107

We got off to a flyer and took the lead after 10 minutes when Carlos Bacca scored from the penalty spot.

The penalty was awarded when Bojan Jokic pushed Bacca in the penalty area as he was going in for a header. Bacca finished well into the top corner.

Bacca then doubled the lead with a good header from close range. It was Zappacosta who supplied the cross and Bacca headed home at the far post to score his 10th of the season.

This result made it 5 wins in a row.

View attachment 203106

View attachment 203111

10 league goals now as he already betters his total of last season.​

View attachment 203101

We face another mid-table side here against Sampdoria who had a brilliant season last year and managed a 3rd place finish.

View attachment 203103

View attachment 203104

We go with the same system as last time out, however Antonelli was suspended for this game so Zappacosta moved across to left back and Abate coming in at right back.

Sampdoria meanwhile go with a 4-4-2 system which looks to be playing pretty narrow. Eder and Benteke are the front-men for them today with 8 goals between them so far this season.

View attachment 203102

Another really good win here which makes it 6 wins in a row and 5 clean sheets from the last 6 games. Adem Ljajic opened the scoring after just 15 minutes when Carlos Bacca fed him through as he finished well beyond the 'keeper.

View attachment 203099

Carlos Bacca then took control of the show and went on to complete his first hattrick of the season. His first was a tell timed volley from a cross from the right hand side. He then scored his second early in the second half when he connected from a cross come in from Zappacosta.

He completed his hattrick with 15 minutes to go when he, again, scored from close range. This time it was Ayoze Perez with the cross which we really couldn't miss.

View attachment 203100

A hattrick and an assist means there was only one option. He's really coming into his own now this season and showing the form I'd hoped he would when I joined.​

View attachment 203097

Another difficult game here as second play fifth as we host Lazio at the San Siro.

View attachment 203096

View attachment 203095

We go with the same line up a last time out which has served us so well recently with in form Caros Bacca being the main dangerman.

Lazio though go with a 4-5-1 formation with 2 wingers and on loan Anthony Martial leading the line.

View attachment 203094

We were poor here today as well to our first defeat in 7 games!

We were poor and created very little all game, in truth we didn't deserve anything from the match.
The goal came about just before half time when Candreva put in a cross from the right and Martial headed home which hit the post and just rolled over the line. Goal line technology was needed but the ref concluded the ball cross the line and awarded the goal.

We just weren't on it today, I've never seen us create so little in any game this season!

MAN OF THE MATCH - ANTONIO CANDREVA

View attachment 203093

He set up the only goal of the game and was a real pain for Antonelli to deal with all game.​

Great results my friend !! Your team look like a unstopable train !!

View attachment 203086

The disappointing loss against Lazio was the final game of the month ...

View attachment 203084

3 wins from 4 means we pick the same amount of points us as last month.

We started the monthly brilliantly with an impressive 3-1 win over Fiorentina and a 4-0 away win against Sampdoria which was probably our best result of the season.

The Lazio result though just gives us some disappointment to the month as we finished it in such poor fashion.

With us picking up 9 points out 12, we fall further behind Juventus who extend their lead at the top of the league ...

View attachment 203078

We're now 4 behind Juventus as they claimed 4 wins out of 4 during November.

Some good news though is that we're now 9 points clear of 3rd, who just happens to be our fierce rivals ... Inter.

Team of the month

View attachment 203076

Davide Zappacosta keeps his space in the team of the month with a much better spell of form. He's picked up 3 assists and an average rating of 7.98 over the 4 games.

Carlos Bacca also, finally, gets himself in the squad. It only took 5 goals in 4 games for him to get selected. That also means he's scored 9 in his last 8! He's really showing some great form now.​

Apart from the Lazio result you have Milan firing, and doing well in the league too.

View attachment 201905

So during the defeat to Lazio in the final game, we had to substitute Adem Ljajic late on after he fell awkwardly after going up for a header.

Our physio saw him after the game and reported back to me ... It wasn't good news ...

View attachment 201904

Ljajic will be out of action for between 8 and 9 weeks with a dislocated shoulder.

I really feel for the lad after only joining us in the summer. He's been putting in some decent performances too recently.

With the January transfer window only a month away, we might have to look at a replacement then.​

View attachment 201901

The first game of December was the big one ... The Milan derby!

A really tough game coming up here as 2nd take on 3rd, although we are 9 points clear of them, not to mention the fierce rivalry.

View attachment 201900

Lets see how we both line up for one of the biggest games of the season ...

View attachment 201899

Just like the Fiorentina game, we changed back to the 4-5-1 formation with Ayoze Perez moving to the wing and Bernard coming in to play on the left. Bernard comes in for the injure Ljajic who is now out for some time.

The line up with the same system with Joel Tagueu leading the line who only has 6 league goals this season. Most of their better players seem to be defenders as they have the second best defence in the league, conceding just 8 in 16 games.

View attachment 201898

We weren't brilliant here but once again Carlos Bacca gets us out of jail with a late winner. The goal as Bernard played a beautiful ball over the defence which Bacca ran onto and finished really well.

View attachment 201896

Apart from that one bit of quality it was a bit of a dull game, from both sides perspective.

We both had only 10 shots on goal but Inter only managed to get 2 of them on target which gave Donnarumma very little to do all game.

MAN OF THE MATCH - ELIQIUM MANAGALA

View attachment 201895

A solid defensive performance which meant Inter never got close to equalising. He's starting to come good now after a shaky start to his Milan career.

View attachment 201890

View attachment 201888

We face a very winnable game here against Torino who are 10th. With a win we can, for a time being, go top of the league.

View attachment 201887

Torino line up with a 4-4-1-1 formation with Belotti who looks to be their main man with 8 goals in 15 games. Their right back, Bruno Peres looks to also be a real threat going forward.

My old left back at Newcastle, Massaido Haidara also starts for them.

View attachment 201886

Not a brilliant performance but we did enough to claim all 3 points.

Carlos Bacca opened the scoring early on after Torino failed to properly clear a corner and he struck the ball into the top corner on the half volley.

It certainly wasn't our best display but Torino offered very little and never really looked to get back into it.

MAN OF THE MATCH - ELIQIUM MANAGALA

View attachment 201885

Another very good performance from the big center half.

He had a bit of a wobble when he first joined us and didn't really look good enough but he's totally turned his game around is starting to play really well now.​

View attachment 201883

We now go into the Italian Cup against Torino who we face for a second time in a week.

View attachment 201878

We went with the same side that beat Torino themselves last time out. I'm pretty keen to do well in the cup this season as we aren't in Europe so the league is our only priority.

Torino also go with the same line up as last time out, Andrea Belotti is the player we'll have to keep an eye on today.

View attachment 201874

View attachment 201876

About as straight forward as you like that.

Torino actually had more of the ball than us most of their possession was between their back 4 as they created very little and only managed 1 shot on target all game.

I'm really please for Ayoze Perez to grab a couple of goals today, his 8th and 9th of the season. Ayoze's first was a really good finish after Bacca played him through.

His 2nd was a great volley from the edge of the box from an inswinging corner. That really put the game to be before the half hour mark.

View attachment 201873

Substitute, Ogenyi Onazi, then capped the game off with a stylish 3rd with a great strike from the edge of the box into the top corner.

MAN OF THE MATCH - AYOZE PEREZ

View attachment 201884

2 goals and a good all round performance. His first goal in 6 games, I was starting to worry about Perez and wondered if the jump up was too much for him but he's scored 9 goals this season which he should be pretty happy with.

This win means our name was in the hat for the QRT final draw ...

View attachment 201872

Napoli at home!

Not a bad draw, could have been better but it could also have been a whole lot worse.

There's still a couple of good sides left in the competition, not to mention Juventus who have an away tie against Genoa.​

Last edited:
View attachment 201871

View attachment 201870

After 3 wins on the bounce, and 3 clean sheets also, I was pretty confident as we went in to play Bari who currently occupied the final relegation spot.

Its's the final game of the year before the winter break starts so would be nice to put in a good performance and finish the year on a high.

View attachment 201869

Unfortunately, we had a couple of suspensions to deal with today which meant Bertolacci and Mijailovic coming in for the suspended Nigel De Jong and Thiago Maia who are both ruled out for one game.

I can't tell you too much about the Bari side other than that they're struggling in the league and already knocked out of the cup. Pucciarelli looks the main threat with 8 goals this season.

View attachment 201868

Well 2 points dropped here in a poor showing!

This wasn't a ****** and grab from Bari, they matched us all game and thoroughly deserved something from the game.

Bari took the lead when Salvatore Molina headed home at the far post after beating Antonelli in the air.
We levelled just before half time through who else but Carlos Bacca who finished low and hard from a tight angle. We should have pushed on from here but still struggled to break them down.

We brought on Bernard, Niang and Alberto Scotta in the attempt of really going for the win. It looked to have paid off when Niang grabbed our 2nd to put us infront. Bacca played him through, he rounded the keeper and slotted in.

View attachment 201867

The problem we then had was that we had such an attacking side that we kept giving Bari chances to come back into it.

It only took them 4 minutes for them to equalise when ex-Celtic defender, Efe Ambrose headed home from the 6 yard box after beating Romagnoli in the air.

Even at 2-2, it was them who looked the better side and more likely to get the winner.

In the end ot finished 2-2! Draw's at Newcastle was what really let me down and it's happened again here!
We now have a 3 week wait before our next game as the winter break kicks on.

View attachment 201866

MAN OF THE MATCH - JOSE MAURI

View attachment 201865

He had a really good game today.

Assisted the goal which Carlos Bacca finished and bossed the midfield area alongside unfamiliar faces.​

View attachment 201863

The game against Bari was a real disappointment and a bit of a wake up call.

We'd been doing pretty well and had won 3 on the spin. We were even keeping up with Juventus at the top of the table, although they did still have an extra game to play.

With no more club football for 3 weeks, my full focus was on bringing players into the club. I'd left myself a fair bit of cash from the summer, around £15 million to spend now.

However, days after the Bari game I saw this news article ...

View attachment 201864

I couldn't believe it!

Not only were the consortium 'planning' a takeover, they'd ****** completed it!

I must have missed the original email saying it was being considered and before I know it, my job's at risk from the new owner.

For some reason the news are reporting that Giovanni Mei could replace me ... who the ****** **** even is that!!

It'll be a nervy time for me and all the players, however it will be interesting what kind of budget he gives me ... if I stay in the job that is.​

Keep it up bro !

You're doing a pretty good job in Milan , I guess you brought pride back to the tifosi , and you cannot be replaced for that reason , can't wait forward next upload !

Love your thread !!
:wub:

Back