Paul Le Guen

ANT101

Reaction score
To be honest i had never heard of Le Guen before he was linked with the gers. however i should point out that i'd never heared of Arsene Wenger before he joined Arsenal either so i don't know how important me having heard of him is.:rolleyes:

I'd heard of him, hes one of the best managers in Europe, when we got Strachen I was like FFS Le Guens a free agent.

Anyway you have one of the best managers in UK now, not a bad swap for one of the worst

big eck's done a decent job and he's not tht bad a manager, he took us from division 1 to europe in 3yrs.

Le Guen's pretty good, he won 3 French leagues in a row,and assembled most of the team they have now

Mikey B said:
big eck's done a decent job and he's not tht bad a manager, he took us from division 1 to europe in 3yrs.

He also got you religated the year we won the scottish cup :D

Have you seen your team win the Cup? :p

im not tht old!

P.S. Jim Duffy was in charge most of tht season if i remember rightly. I was only about 7

Best Season Ever! Eck has fcuked up every cllub he has managed, Motherwell took over from Tommy Mclean finished 2nd with Mcleans team then he almost gets them religated. Hibs gets them religated but wins a terrible division and then finishes third once again not his squad. Rangers wins the league in his first season with Advocaat's squad then loses the league, Wins it thanks to Scott Mcdonald then his own full squad and signings and there now 3rd.

as i said, i was only 7 when ur lot won the cup, so i can't remember what his record was @ the well before he came to hibs.

I could barely name u a Lyon player but by taking a closer interest in them recently, it is clear they know how to play that brand of football that we associate with France, fast , one touch and move football.:)

Also I think it's important that the Scottishness that has crept back into the team under Mcleish is mentained.:worried:

Le Guen as a player

Club Level

During his playing career, Paul played at AS Brest for six years, Stade Brestois, FC Nantes for two years, Paris St. Germain for seven years (where he became one of the clubs legends with 478 appearances and a Cup Winners Cup medal in 1996). He ended his playing career by taking part in a friendly where his home town of Brittany faced Cameroon in 1998.

International Level

At international level he played just 17 times for France, due to injuries and he was part of the team which lost out on a trip to the World Cup in 1994, along with Eric Cantona and David Ginola.

ANT101 said:
At international level he played just 17 times for France, due to injuries and he was part of the team which lost out on a trip to the World Cup in 1994, along with Eric Cantona and David Ginola.
so another nearly man in the rangers camp :D

:yes:

did it take u all of the 5 days to think of that?? :p

no, i just couldn't be bothered looking at it before because i've had enough of rangers fans going on about le guen @ school and i just wanted 2 forget about him. it will end up like th advocaat situation, but french not dutch