Hermik

Reaction score
Hello, I've started my FM14 career two days ago, I'm managing Manchester United. I've already finished my first season. I've won CL and League, but I've been struggling a bit a dlp. I'm using 4-2-2-2 tactics, and I'm looking for a new dlp, since Michael Carrick is old and his condition is not good enough, Cleverley has been underperforming for me (ratings around 6.50). I bought Gundogan, but he was a disappointment for me. I've made some attempts to settle Paul Pogba, but Juventus does not want to sell him, no matter how much money I'm oferring them (60 mln euro was my last offer and they rejected it). Is there any way I can buy him if they do not seem to let him leave?

If there is not, who should I buy for this position? I'd be glad if you gave me some advice, I can spend up to 70mln euro atm.

I think the only possibility of signing Pogba would be if he got unsettled and requested a transfer. If that doesn't happen, I'd recommend Verratti. If you have the money to spend up to 60m, you should be able to get Verratti easily. I use him myself as a DLP(S) in the MC position, and he's been outstanding three years in a row.

Thanks for your reply :) I gave up on buying Pogba and I managed to get Verratti for much less (only 11,5 mln euro). I hope he will do his job better than Gundogan does, although I am not going to sell him. I will probably give him a chance to impress me. I also need to find a good striker. I've been playing RVP as AF and Rooney as a DLF, but his financial demands are awful, he is not worth 230k a week, he had his moments but he wasn't so spectacular overall. Could you recommend me a good striker, who can fit in his role? The two options which come to my mind are Benteke or Lukaku, but they are rather not the type of striker I need. I didn't manage to settle Lewandowski, unfortunately he chose Bayern.

Aleksandar Mitrovic is a beast ST in my game.

Aleksandar Mitrovic is a beast ST in my game.

He is a beast too in my save !
Bought him in January 2014 first game with my Dortmund 2goals 1 assist we won 5-0 a tough match ..
Enough said ! Glad i bought him instead of Werner !

In my game (beginning of the 3rd season atm) Pogba has just signed a new contract, so I don't think I will ever be able to sign him. Fortunately, Verratti has been doing the job for me. I also tried Kevin Strootman, but Verratti is better than him so I sold him. I also sold Gundogan, who was disappointing for me.

I think Gundogan might have a low Adaptibility attribute, because his non-hidden stats are insane. Which is a shame.

Lol dude too much Cush ...
Personally i wouldn't spend more than 50-60 for any player in this game ...
I prefer getting good regens or just buy cheap and sell expensive :)
I agree whole heartedly, I was bored of the game anyways so thought why not spend this tycoons money haha,
now on a save as lowly dundee United and enjoying the searching for youths again