Paul Simpson sacked at Stockport.

SamScfc

WINNING
Reaction score
Ok, I know alot of you may not give a ****, but I should thought I'd share the best news we've had in a while!

http://www.stockportcounty.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10419~2258147,00.html

'Stockport County Football Club have today parted company with manager Paul Simpson' - the statement reads:

After much deliberation, and in view of the recent run of just three wins in the last nineteen games, it has been decided that a change is necessary if the club is to achieve its aims for this season and beyond.

The board would like to place on record their thanks to Paul for his considerable efforts whilst at Edgeley Park and wish him well for the future.

This is a very important time for Stockport County Football Club, with our Football League status the main priority, the Board felt that given the club's current league position, the best way forward was to agree to make a change now.

The Board of Directors are pleased to announce that Peter Ward will be placed in charge of first team affairs as 'caretaker' Manager, these changes will commence with immediate effect.

After initial talks between the Board of Directors and Peter Ward Stockport County's supporters can look forward to seeing four or five new players arrive at Edgeley Park in January.

Always something going on at County! :D

Upon hearing news of Paul Simpson's sacking, SamScfc spunks his way into the new year.

might get myself to some matches now i've seen this.

Ward in charge temp so he'll be one.

and the other is very obvious..

Gannon is apparently favourite for the Port Vale job. Paul Trollope said no to Vale, PT to County ?

Gannon is apparently favourite for the Port Vale job. Paul Trollope said no to Vale, PT to County ?

if Gannon wanted the Vale job he would have it imo, but I'm not ruling out Gannon, nor am I starting to get excited..

I was told Kevan's going soon but I'm not sure how true that is, but I wouldn't mind Paul Trollope. ;)

Managers are getting fired left, right and centre. Job centre's are going to be busy next week.

Paul Trollope apparently turned down Vale job..