Paulo Bento is appointed as the new Portugal manager.

Not a surprise really.. doubt we'll qualify now though. They've rushed this appointment because Real Madrid were wankers and wouldn't let Mourinho be our temporary manager for the next two games while they looked for a replacement.

They said no which meant that they had to find someone quickly, and they've got Bento now. Don't think we'll qualify and the excuse will be "We made a poor start, but I wasn't here."

Not a surprise really.. doubt we'll qualify now though. They've rushed this appointment because Real Madrid were wankers and wouldn't let Mourinho be our temporary manager for the next two games while they looked for a replacement.

They said no which meant that they had to find someone quickly, and they've got Bento now. Don't think we'll qualify and the excuse will be "We made a poor start, but I wasn't here."

We never know. Look at the world cup qualifier. It looked like we would never make it but we did.

I was always confident that we'd qualify for the World Cup. But we're already in a bad place in these qualifiers, and we just don't look good enough.

I don't think we'll qualify, but of course I really hope we do!

sorry for my stupidness but can someone tell me who Paulo Bento is (A)

Paulo Bento is the ex Sporting Lisbon manager, and also was a holding midfielder for Sporting and Benfica.

Quality player in his day, and a decent manager, although he's yet to win anything.

personaly, i dont rate him very highly, he was ***** at Sporting Lisbon .. Now, with the Portugal role, he wont be able to qualify, and obviously the supporters will blame Carlos Queiroz for that .. If i was Florentino Perez i would not let mourinho coach Portugal, I would want him for myself .. Now, the point is that our federation is *****, so they had to came up with ideas quickly, so Mourinho .. In a few years he will, after winning everything with real Madrid,then he will go to Manchester United :)

personaly, i dont rate him very highly, he was ***** at Sporting Lisbon .. Now, with the Portugal role, he wont be able to qualify, and obviously the supporters will blame Carlos Queiroz for that .. If i was Florentino Perez i would not let mourinho coach Portugal, I would want him for myself .. Now, the point is that our federation is *****, so they had to came up with ideas quickly, so Mourinho .. In a few years he will, after winning everything with real Madrid,then he will go to Manchester United :)

He wouldn't of managed us permanently though, only for the next two qualifiers. Mourinho is going to be on holiday for 9 days anyway, so why not let him just manage his nation for 2 matches and work with Real Madrid's core anyway (Carvalho, Pepe and Ronaldo). He's just being greedy really, and Mourinho obviously doesn't want to cause a disruption after only being there a few months has agreed to back down and turn the offer down. Had this happened after Mourinho had won something for the club then make no mistake about it, he would be managing Portugal for the next 2 qualifiers, it's just bad timing is all.

He wouldn't of managed us permanently though, only for the next two qualifiers. Mourinho is going to be on holiday for 9 days anyway, so why not let him just manage his nation for 2 matches and work with Real Madrid's core anyway (Carvalho, Pepe and Ronaldo). He's just being greedy really, and Mourinho obviously doesn't want to cause a disruption after only being there a few months has agreed to back down and turn the offer down. Had this happened after Mourinho had won something for the club then make no mistake about it, he would be managing Portugal for the next 2 qualifiers, it's just bad timing is all.

what is the purpose of hiring a manager only for 2 matches? ffs :S

He would have been the caretaker manager so that they could look for a permanent manager without rushing into an appointment which is what they have now had to do.

Oh c'mon... You've got to be kidding me! :mad:

Let's start preparing to the World Cup in 2014 :p

Also, if we don't qualify for the Euro's it will have a detrimental effect on us winning the bid to joint host the World Cup 2018 with Spain..

We need to qualify.

I was always confident that we'd qualify for the World Cup. But we're already in a bad place in these qualifiers, and we just don't look good enough.

I don't think we'll qualify, but of course I really hope we do!
Merieles will save you :wub::wub::wub:

He is a good coach , and was the best choice to be the manager of Portugal , the story of Jose Mourinho is just another Epic Fail of our Federation . Hope we qualify .

In my opinion, he didn't do well with sporting because Benfica had to much quality. The only better manager would be Mourinho or Jorge Jesus.:D