Paulo Henrique/Eden Hazard development...

the_general

Reaction score
Hey, 1st time post...

I have just started my second season on my 1st ever save with Liverpool (Premiership and League Cup double in my first) and have rewarded myself by signing Paulo Henrique and Eden Hazard.

I'm wondering how long it has taken others to blood them successfully into a team, or when they reach the quality that everyone seems to rate them at? At the moment my 1st team is:

GK: Reina
LB: Concetrao
RB: Johnson
CB: Agger
CB: David Luiz
CM: Raul Meireles
CM: Lucas
CM: Gerrard
AM: Paulo Henrique
CF: Torres
CF: Dzeko

At the moment Paulo Henrique doesn't seem ready, so I'm dropping him, pushing Gerrard forward and bringing Gago into midfield.

Eventually its my aim to play a narrow 4-2-3-1 with Hazard, Paulo Henrique and Gerrard as AMs.

Thought anyone...

I think you just need to give them time to settle in, I'd guess the first season will be harder on them but both are capable of becoming key players rather fast, just a question of adapting imo. On that note, Hazard could be ready faster since Paulo Henrique comes from Brazil, notoriously different football culture.

If Henrique is not performing, he may need more time to settle in. Play him as a substitute in league games and as a starter against weaker teams in cup games ect. until he has built up his confidence and is putting in a sequence of good performances.

Last edited:
Hazard will probably be more ready than Paulo Henrique at first but once they are both settled, Henrique will turn out to be a beast! One of the best buys i made myself.

Just like others have said, use Paulo as a sub until he adapts with the Premier League and then start using him as a first team player.

Hey, 1st time post...

Eventually its my aim to play a narrow 4-2-3-1 with Hazard, Paulo Henrique and Gerrard as AMs.

Mate, I played this exact formation in my second season with Liverpool and it had great success. The players adjusted pretty quickly. But as the guys have said I wouldn't throw both of them in immediately as your system appears to work fine enough. Just a gently transition and as they are so young you will be left with a potent attack for a long time :)

When I've played Hazard at Man City in the first season he's done superbly for me. Therefore in my opinion he's ready from the start, but always excelled in the center, when played wide he doesn't perform as well.

I don't know about Henrique but I've signed him as well but he's never really performed for me. Only halfway through 3rd season with them though as started a real LLM game which is far more fun lol.

Thanks... I think I'll turn my attention to bedding in Hazard for now. Get him settled and playing well and giving Henrique a bit more time. I was attempting it the other way round before.

I play Hazard at AML - Inside Forward/Attack and he score as well as assist for me. Don't take to long to settle , but have never sign Henrique tho.

Henrique settled quickly for me at Arsenal. Was my top performer with a rating of 8.47 over the season. Scored 8 times and got 17 assists. He's quality.
I had Hazard in a Liverpool save and he was quality. Performs on both the left and the middle.
Just a quick question; how do you plan on playing two AMC's as AML/AMR's? Retrain Henrique for the right or what?

I guess he's play them as AMCL, AMC, AMCR
(on that note, I think you'd probably be better served with a faster player as AMCR, since Paulo Henrique is more of an organizer, and Gerrard isn't getting any younger)

Yeah agreed with you. You could bring Gerrard back in to CM and then sign someone else, not sure as I don't usually need AMC's. Possibly Ozil or Granero?

I've got best results by playing Hazard as AMC Attack Mid - Attack and Henrique as CM with Advanced Playmaker - Attack.

Hazard has 15 goals and 10 assists in 18 games
Henrique has 8 goals and 17 assists in 18 games.

And for me Henrique started playing well from the start. First match 2 goals and assist, but i read from somewhere that his adjustability stat ( or something like that ) changes so in some games he adjusts to team right away and sometimes it takes longer so be patient with him and he'll shine.

Here they both are towards the end of 2017:

View attachment 123340View attachment 123341

At the beginning of the game though, i would definitely start with hazard, he has been my best player for livepool 1st season from attacking mid (attack) then, as paulo henrique adapts and improves more, get him in there with advanced playmaker (attack)

signed henrique yesterday om a new save yesterday for £17.5m and the ****** game crashed 3 days before aut-save, losing my entire pre-season. started another new save, agreed same deal and the swine broke his leg the day before he was to sign. somebody somewhere doesn't want me to sign him :'(

signed henrique yesterday om a new save yesterday for £17.5m and the ****** game crashed 3 days before aut-save, losing my entire pre-season. started another new save, agreed same deal and the swine broke his leg the day before he was to sign. somebody somewhere doesn't want me to sign him :'(
That is why I save my game about every 2 seconds. ;)
It is not because I cheat or anything - I don't. It is just a habit.

indeed i save after every game in pre-season normally as theres so much going on, dunno what i was playin at yesterday. a lesson learned! roll on january.

Personally Thorgan Hazard was a better player for me rather than them two, played him on the wing with Eden in the middle with Cesc and Thorgan played better but that was in my first season and dont really know what I was doing playing a 17 year old infront of Arshavin :S.