ThePav

Reaction score
When you make a Diamond. You can only be one name for the tactic. And every good tactic needs a song. And this ******* song has been stuck in my head since I created the tactic. So if i got to hum it in my head, so do you lot. Gentlemen I give you two of the greatest 80's popstars/midfielders of there or any other generation. Glenn Hoddle and Chris Waddle.

[video=youtube;7WACF8ID-To]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WACF8ID-To[/video]

Based on the template of the Betablockers this is a lot more possession based. If you want more detail please check on there on the OP for training tips and player types/philosophy. As I will update this OP when I get more time.

Also when I first created betablockers it was pretty much the first 3 striker tactic this year. And I really wanted to try to get it back to two strikers but it's been so effective and still is, there's been no need to change. The other tactics are still working fantastically so if you not had a look before go and check them out if you want a 4-3-3/5-2-3. But its time for something new as I've using the same two tactics since release date. I've gone very old school as this used to be the go to formation back in the day and as I was playing a nostalgic database I wanted to recreate what I used to use 20 years ago when I was a kid. Hopefully this can be a nice change to the abundance of 5-2-3 formations that have come out since the inception. Also you may have witnessed the amazingly terrible song by Waddle and Hoddle. And if some of you need lyrics ... this has been stuck in my head since I made the tactic.

Chorus

Hard as Steve Stone
Solid Stone for me
Formation change rearranged my life
Can't explain so afraid tonight
Darling I love you, My diamond Lights
I always want you,
Darling I love you, My diamond Lights
Your a sexy ....4-3-1-2
Oh darling......:D:p

4-3-1-2

View attachment 62007View attachment 62006

On the tactics, Play left footers on the left Right on the right, usual rules apply. The LCM and RCM need to be left and right footed respectively. Training let assistant, Oppo Instructions also assistant, For more detail check other thread. Match up to the positions when buying, do not put square pegs in round holes. The CM will recycle possession so is imperative you find a good one who can recycle the play and rebuild attacks as he is always the spare man and will get a lot of the ball.

Download Link PAV Diamond Lights 4-3-1-2

5-3-2

View attachment 62005View attachment 62004

A shut up shop tactic, To hold on to the lead, putting an extra man in defence and sacrificing the AMC for a Liberio. As who does not love a Liberio Inspired by old school FM/CM tactics and uses a lot from the 3-4-3 in the betablockers, you look to soak up pressure and hit teams on the counter attack. With direct balls and exploit the space in behind the defence. Still offering a massive threat going forward but offering more defensive solidity with an extra defender and a flat midfield 3.

Download Link PAV Diamond Lights 5-3-2

Disclaimer

I will do a more detailed post lads in the future. I've tested this playing games and tweaking over a season with Wolves on the 95/96 database. This needs testing in all sorts of leagues and competitions to see if it any good. I just don't have the time. It's been very good for me but I need you to test it. And hopefully it can rival the other tactics we have had this year. Please test and share how you get on. It could well be ****, but like I said it's been amazing to watch for me which is usually a good sign and as usual I take my time and develop the roles to suit the formation before posting. If things change as we go on we might get different versions like we have in Betablockers, but first we need to see if it works for you guys so get testing. Good luck.

Last edited:
Can you reupload the links for the tactic? I think something went wrong with the post :)

Can you reupload the links for the tactic? I think something went wrong with the post :)

It come out in compete nonsense had all the code in **** knows any good now mate?

Thank you Pav! I will report back as always!

I'm going to try this out in my Online save. I am Leicester and just going into January.

So I'll report back and keep you posted.

Waiting on results results of ur next 2games.....

View attachment 61876

I know what kind of scheduling luck is that? lol But Madrid's team is just too good. I beat them in the first half of the season but Bernado Silva was a man amongst boys out there haha but We man handled Barcelona they only had 2 shots on goal.

Great tactic so far. After 6 matches I'm top of the serie A with Bologna. Well done and thank you! ... I've noticed that the 5-3-2 tactic is actually a 4-1-2-1-2, without a central midfielder and with the trequartista. Have you uploaded the wrong file?

Great tactic so far. After 6 matches I'm top of the serie A with Bologna. Well done and thank you! ... I've noticed that the 5-3-2 tactic is actually a 4-1-2-1-2, without a central midfielder and with the trequartista. Have you uploaded the wrong file?

Good catch i didnt even realize that til you said something! :)

Love this tactic, I refuse to use them horrible 3 up the top formations. It plays really good football but leaks lots of goals. I've tried tweaking it but crosses and balls over the top from the opposition always seem to go in. I had one game where I flew into a 4 goal lead and ended up drawing, most other games are 3-2 or 4-3 to me.

Gonna give this a try on my inter save, i have been using your 343, i'll update after my season is done :)

Love this tactic, I refuse to use them horrible 3 up the top formations. It plays really good football but leaks lots of goals. I've tried tweaking it but crosses and balls over the top from the opposition always seem to go in. I had one game where I flew into a 4 goal lead and ended up drawing, most other games are 3-2 or 4-3 to me.

Im in that same boat my friend!

I tried playing with a deeper defensive line for a few months but it was to no avail. I do like how this formation plays though.

I tried playing with a deeper defensive line for a few months but it was to no avail. I do like how this formation plays though.

Yea its beautiful to watch! I hope we can get this cleaned up! Ill see what I can tweak as well. Have you tried deeper line with the wingbacks on support?

Yea its beautiful to watch! I hope we can get this cleaned up! Ill see what I can tweak as well. Have you tried deeper line with the wingbacks on support?

I haven't tried that. Will give it a go.:)