Pavlyuchenko agent claims Arsenal link

• Thread starter Thread starter iluxon4ik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 2K

iluxon4ik

Reaction score
Roman Pavlyuchenko's agent Oleg Artemov has claimed that Arsenal are among the clubs chasing the striker.

The 27-year-old Russia international has been frozen out at Tottenham this season after falling down the pecking order behind Jermain Defoe, Robbie Keane and Peter Crouch, and Spurs' arch rivals are reportedly interested in his signature.
A move to Italian club Roma has recently been touted as Pavlyuchenko's preferred option but no deal has been done as yet.
The Gunners are looking to add a striker to their squad following the serious injury suffered by Robin van Persie in November while on international duty, and Artemov claims they are interested in Pavlyuchenko.
"We are not happy about his situation at Tottenham, so we'll do everything to ensure that he can change club in January," he told tuttomercatoweb.
"There were contacts with Roma but for now only by phone.
"Interested in the player are also Spartak Moscow, Arsenal and Zenit (St Petersburg), anything can happen."
Pavlyuchenko has only played seven games for Spurs this term and he has been tipped to leave White Hart Lane in the New Year.
His Russia team-mate Andrey Arshavin moved to the Emirates Stadium in January from Zenit, and could prove influential in any move.
Transfers between the two North London clubs are few and far between, however, and Sol Campbell's move to Arsenal in 2001 sparked mass outrage amongst Spurs fans.

Font: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5757758,00.html

Would love him at Fulham, a lot of good players fail to settle at Spurs

Would be a good buy if you ask me. Never really given a fair go at Spurs.

I think he's an absolutely top class player. Brilliant finisher, very very intelligent off the ball and has good technique. I'm really do think you play this guy the right way and he will be a good buy for any team.

I think he's an absolutely top class player. Brilliant finisher, very very intelligent off the ball and has good technique. I'm really do think you play this guy the right way and he will be a good buy for any team.

I agree, he is decent.
But I just dont think a big target man fits in well with Arsenal, if you take their recent strikers into account....
Van Persie
Walcott
Bendtner- the exception
Henry
Eduardo

thats my opinion

I think he would give them a new dimension. He's got more technique and presence than Bendter imo. It seems without Van Persie they are struggling for goals and they definately need something different up front.

I think he would give them a new dimension. He's got more technique and presence than Bendter imo. It seems without Van Persie they are struggling for goals and they definately need something different up front.

Definatley they need goals
Aparently Chemack(spelling) is their main target, but i have rarely seen him play, and I have no ide what type of player he is.
Edin Dzeko would be a great signing, just a proper goalscorer, but depends in they will fork out for him

Yeah sell him for a huge price to Arsenal. A bigger flop than Rebrov.

Yeah I agree, I said on the other thead to do with Fabregas that Dzeko would be perfect for them.

Yeah!
Agree m8!

He has hardly been given a chance at Spurs and he is far better than Keane, I reckon.

When he has had his chance he has been dire. Most fans that go to the games know this.

A player needs games, games build confidence and you can't expect him to performance without a good run of games. Yes his first season in the league wasn't great but he was very on and off with the games and I think with the right team this guy will come back to haunt Spurs.

Hope not but I dont think he is Premiership class. He does ok at International level which is played at a slower pace. The Premier league is too quick for him.

Maybe so, but I think with the right team he could work very well in England. Yes the Russian league has a lot less in quality but 107 goals in 188 games for Spartak is a terrific record at any level of professional football

I agree with that it is a good record but how Darren Bent was sold before this guy has me scratching my head. I suppose its the Spurs way of doing things. Redknapp has also said that he is struggling with the language and is often having to mediate through an interpreter. He has been over here long enough now to have learnt the basic swear words surely.

Haha yeah I've heard he likes to drink a fair bit too but his total record of goals to game is unbelievable. And yeah Darrent Bent, another one that was not used correctly or given enough time. He is far better than Keane, far better.

Keano Mr pointy wavy arm man. He has not been the same since he came back from Liverpool.

Nah he really hasn't I think it shattered his confidence heavily.

Back