Paying over the odds for players,and cant sell your own?

joehaisman

Reaction score
to acquire a new player you always have to pay soo much more that they are worth but i rarely receive descent offers for my players ?!?!.... HELP :S

Depends what the reputation is on the player, how much you've played them, how well they're playing

It's realistic though, unless they're world class recognised players you won't get decent bids on them, perhaps a few more mil than they're worth

so amny threads on this...
that post is no help if you dont link him to any....

OP, first question? are you playing with the 11.3 patch becuase its certainly easier to sell players now

secondly if you are selling dross, dont expect clubs to pay over the odds for them. i made 32 million on carrick, brown and o'shea, yet i cant sell michael owen for toffee

for instance after a fantastic season with chelsea, drogba has scored about 40 goals in all competitions.
barca madrid and inter are all interested but wont budge above his value.

OP, first question? are you playing with the 11.3 patch becuase its certainly easier to sell players now

secondly if you are selling dross, dont expect clubs to pay over the odds for them. i made 32 million on carrick, brown and o'shea, yet i cant sell michael owen for toffee

sorry and also how did you make 32 mill on carrick, o'shea and bbrown???

i sold carrick for 10 mill and o'shea for 7.5 mill

yea im using 11.3, at the beginning inter enquired about malouda, value 7.5 i asked for 11. and they said no! was i being unreasonable ?!?!

sorry and also how did you make 32 mill on carrick, o'shea and bbrown???

i sold carrick for 10 mill and o'shea for 7.5 mill
15 million, 9.75 and 8 million, over 24 months

---------- Post added at 05:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 AM ----------

yea im using 11.3, at the beginning inter enquired about malouda, value 7.5 i asked for 11. and they said no! was i being unreasonable ?!?!
the best way to sell players, is to put an asking price that you are willing to accept, on players that you are willing to sell. That way only the teams who are really interested will make an offer. Not every side who shows an interest immediate wants your player. Think about how you but players, you might show an interest in 10 or 12 players, but actually buy 3 or 4

very good point.

in real life teams take the **** out of chelsea with transfer fees, do you think it happens in the game too?

hulk is worth 4.4 m but the wouldnt budge below 40.5m :O

very good point.

in real life teams take the **** out of chelsea with transfer fees, do you think it happens in the game too?

hulk is worth 4.4 m but the wouldnt budge below 40.5m :O
that basically means they dont want to sell him to you

Sometimes you get great offers for your players. I was offered 6 million for my 3 million valued regen goalkeeper - I made a counter offer of 11.5 million plus a 50% of next sale clause and they accepted. However, I didn't sell my goalkeeper, because he is my best player and saved my team from relegation, but I was amazed how much money I could get for him.

On Fm 09 I got an offer of 60 million for Dzagoev, who was valued about 15-20 million then. I didn't want to sell him, because he was the key player of my team, but my board accepted the offer. Although I was angry with the board's decision, it made it possible to completely rebuild the squad - I managed to transform my mid-table team into an international player.

Although you can get huge transfer sums for your players (usually the key players you don't want to sell) you will never get much money for transfer-listed players in my experience. I was even forced to reduce the transfer fee to zero to get rid of some of my old and overpaid players. I think the transfer sum also depends on the wages of your players - the lower the wages (in relation to the skills of the player), the more clubs are interested in your player (but I am not sure about this).