Paying wages or remainder of contract after transfer

marabak

Reaction score
Hey guys.

Quite often (read: nearly everytime), usually with players I am trying to palm off because they aren't good enough etc. a transfer will be agreed for them to go to another club, with the proviso that I pay them ?Xk a week until the end of their current contract. Usually, I am trying to clear some wage budget etc. so I accept as every little helps.

However, when I put an offer in for a player, if I can't afford his wages, I can't sign him, end of story. Is there an option to ask the player to ask his current club for the difference that I can't make up? Does this happen automatically behind the scenes between the player and his current club and it's just the case that their club has said no every time?

Cheers guys

I think it's the player asking you to pay the portion of their wages, not the club who is buying the player.. So therefore no, you can't ask the other club.. Why would the club want to pay wages for someone who is leaving it..?

Thank you for your reply, but I don't think you actually read my question :)

I was asking is there a way to ask the PLAYER to ask his current club to make up the wages, in the same way that when I am selling players, the player asks me for the wage difference. I wasn't talking about asking the selling club directly.

As for why the club may want to pay a portion of the wages, maybe for the same reason that I do, to clear some wage budget by shifting away 90% of the wage or something.

Short answer: No.
The player is asking you because he would be better off, staying in your club on a bigger wage. Therefore he demands some compensation in trade for you getting rid off him.

I don't think anyone is understanding my question.... I thought I had worded it well enough.

I understand why the player does it. I know the player is doing it when I am selling him. I'm curious as to how I can get a player to do the same to AI teams.

You can't. It's down to the player, and you can't ask the player or his agent to do it.