PC Problems...

LethalManager

Reaction score
Basically.. my computer is fcuked!
many drives are missing which means i cannot do much, e.g connect to my internet.
i have windows XP, i was thinking if i went out and bought Vista, would everything be re-installed?

look forward to guidance/help

:(

Do you not have your Windows XP disc still?

Or try doing system restore to an earlier date and see if it works.

Yeah if you still have your XP disc then format, if not obtain a copy of XP (Or Vista) and format. Format solves all.

Not for me.

After I formatted my PC none of my drivers were installed. Windows XP didnt have them, Windows Update didnt either. I had to open up my pc to find out what hardware i had then had to gon their websites and get the right drivers, took like a month.

You got all those drivers saved on a disc for next time then?

Yeh, learned my lesson, got them all in a folder on my external HD

i will try formatting it as i still have windows xp disc!

fingers crossed for me! :p

Did you try finding out who makes your network card? As thats the driver youll be missing for the internet.

Oh no i didn't think of that. i know the make, ill try finding the drivers for it.

Thanks mate.

You don't need to open it up just go Start>Run> type in dxdiag and press OK this gives you the main information you need regarding processor, video card, sound card etc.

To the original poster, have you looked in the Device manager? Do the drives have a Yellow triangle with an exclamation mark next to them? If they have disappeared completely from the My Computer window, you might need to open up the case and check the settings. I say may as it depends if your machine is under warranty or not!