PC vs MAC

MrPouch

Jul 16, 2012
Hi all! I'm not too sure whether this is in he right place or not, but its only a quick question really. I currently have an ageing Windows Acer laptop which I of course play football manager on. Lately I have been wanting to upgrade my laptop to a newer, higher spec laptop. So, in my travels over the internet, I have been majorly taken in by the MacBook Pro. But having never player or actually seen FM played on a MacBook, I was just wondering if there are any differences in the game between the PC version and the Mac version. I would suggest that there aren't any differences, but I want to make sure before I buy it. Obviously I want the full, best experience of FM, so any replies would be much appreciated!

MrPouch

Jul 16, 2012
Also probably another stupid question, but obviously I have purchased FM13 through steam and downloaded onto my Windows PC. Once I have my MacBook, will I have to purchase a new version of FM13, or can I just download it a normal?

madridboy1986

Oct 24, 2012
Also probably another stupid question, but obviously I have purchased FM13 through steam and downloaded onto my Windows PC. Once I have my MacBook, will I have to purchase a new version of FM13, or can I just download it a normal?
nope, you don't need to re-buy it off steam if it's steam play, I got Borderlands 2 on the PC version of steam when it came out for the MAC it just downloaded it off the steam store free

quick ? what parts does your windows laptop have, and what parts are you looking to put in your new Macbook pro?

this is my old MAC settings

Processor Number: Intel Core 2 DuoProcessor Speed: 2.66 GHzNumber of Cores: 1Memory: 4 GBHard Disk Space: 100 GBVideo Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9400Video Memory: 256 MB

this it my New MAC settings

Processor Number: Intel Core i7Processor Speed: 3.4 GHzNumber of Cores: 4Memory: 32 GBHard Disk Space: 0 GBVideo Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MXVideo Memory: 2048 MB

you can also get a Macbook air or a Macbook pro or you can get the new iMAC

Last edited:

MrPouch

Jul 16, 2012
Omg, thank you so much lads! Actually buzzing about getting my new MacBook Pro now! This help is greatly valued!

madridboy1986

Oct 24, 2012
Omg, thank you so much lads! Actually buzzing about getting my new MacBook Pro now! This help is greatly valued!
no problems, but if I was you I would try and get a better graphics card on it if you can and I would strong get Apple care for it too it last up to 3 years :)

also how much are you looking to spend on this?