AlastairRyan

Reaction score
Peacehaven-view.jpg

peacehaven2.jpg

Here we are Mr Ryan welcome to Piddinghoe avenue, not much probably never will be. But any i'm Richard Murray and i'm the chairman, you will meet The Argus and The Leader in 15 minutes in the clubhouse, after that you will meet the players, if you don't know the history i will give you an insight.

Founded in 1923, we have won the Sussex County Division 1 8 times but have never been allowed up due to the ground. In 1997 we managed to get to the 4th qualifying round of the F.A cup, an honour which was knocked by Stalybridge Celtic beating us 4-1. Although we came runners up in the Sussex Senior Cup in 1993, our name is only known to the veterens of Grassroots football in Sussex. Your first match will be against Eastbourne Borough in a friendly, then it's off to the season. The first match is at home to Crowborough. I suggest you make a good impact on the squad. Maybe buy them a round of drinks *winks* but i'd match your eye on Lee Newman, he can cause trouble.

***FIRST MATCH***

Peacehaven&Telscombe 0-6 Eastbourne Borough

Aitkin X2
Taylor X4

Piddinghoe Avenue. 28.7.10
Attendance: 57

A disappointing performance from The Tye, they failed to capitalize on most of their chances today, Roy Pook missing 2 sitters, but Borough boss Gary Wilson will be pleased with the result.

***After the game***

Disappointing boys, we have to improve before Crowbrough, i know you can play better

***Training Midweek***

So boys whose up for a long run? We're running to Lewes and back if we don't do it in 2 hours, we'll do it again! Anyone who refuses if dropped end of.

Oi Alister or whatever your name is, who do you think you are, obviously you can't run, i hardly believe you were an "International Footballer" for Iceland, your name isn't Icelandic it's Irish, good job "Gaffer" you lied to the club

Well how about you're fined your wages? and just because my Dads Irish doesn't mean my mother is Icelandic? I played for Brighton, check your history, and i will run, if you beat me, i'll resign, if i win, you're fined your wages for a month, deal? And oh, you will be dropped aswell

Deal indeed, this is going to be fun.

***2 and a Half Hours Later***

I've been waiting for you Lee, a deal is a deal

Oh **** off, i quit this ****** club

Goodbye, don't forget to tell the chairman!
newman_l.jpg

***First game of the league***

Crowborough 1-1 Peacehaven&Telscombe
Joyce Snell

Crowborough Community Stadium
Attendance 132

A performance which was largely dominated by Crowborough, with Joyce scoring a screamer on the edge of the box, Snell equalized in the 72nd minute with a header from a great cross from Pook. Crowborough will be disappointed that they didn't win.

***After the Match***

Good result boys, well taken header Dan, lets get a win against East Grinstead next week, at Pid, now, is there any good bars round here?

MORE TO COME SOON

Last edited: