Penalties. Do they exist in 2011?

degsy1

Reaction score
I've just played my 30th league game of my first season in 2011. I am 14 points clear at the top, won 25, drawn 2, lost 3, scored 70, conceded 20. It occured to me that I hadn't had a penalty for a while so I checked the stats. I've had ONE all season.
The top team has had 4, the whole league has had 24. I checked England and the whole league had about 30, Spain was about 40.
Anyone notice this happening, flaw in the game, or is it just a weird thing happening in my game that football is suddenly being played by gentlemen?

i agree with calum, if anything they happen too often in my games!

I once played as Shakhtar a season where I had tons of penalties. One of my players even made a hatrick only on penalties. Quite fun. It's just you mate.

I went a season without recieving a penalty but its a mix of luck and coincidence. I feel there's certainly enough penalties across the game to make it feel realistic as possible.

I'd prefer to have a season without any penalties taken or conceded.

Slows the game down and isn't as fun. I'd rather win through my tactic rather than players flopping in the box.

It's probably completely coincidental but I've found on my various saves that when I had pretty skillful players with high flair I received more penalties. In theory I spose it could work as they'd draw more fouls but it's probably just completely random.

I get them left, right and centre. RVP for me had about 7 goals through just penalties. I had about 20 all season.

its not just my team, its my entire league. 36 played, 31 penalties in the entire league, celtic and rangers have 1 each. england has 58 in 35 games, spain has 44 in 34 games. maybe it is coincidence, just weird that none of the big leagues are getting penalties.

Just had two penalties in one cup game. Missed both.....

Think it's you mate tbh lol. in real life, Everton have only been awared 2 penalties all season. And conceded two. So when you think about it.....maybe your players are in fact....not dirty or extremely honest.