djh1878

Mark McCusker's #1 Fan
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity...

What factors affect how likely a player is to score a penalty? Is it only their penalty taking attribute, or are other things such as ability to handle pressure, stamina, rating, morale and so on in play? I ask because I have a guy with 18 for penalty taking in my current save, who has missed 3 spot kicks out of 3 this season, while my striker with 8 for the same stat has converted both of his attempts. Anyone know for sure?

I can imagine finishing and composure probably play a part also.

On subject of pens, Was wondering if anyone had had a player who's missed 5 on the trot. Shaun Maloney has for me.Suffice to say now given job to Srna.

Composure, Finishing (I'd imagine), Penalties, Pressure. Probably some modifier from the Imp. Matches hidden stat if you're playing in an important part of the competition.

I'd also imagine his condition has an effect, considering a knackered player just may not have the concentration to place it properly.

I do wonder what the goalkeeping stats for penalty saves are, presumably Imp. Matches, Pressure, One-on-Ones, Reflexes, Anticipation and Agility?

Probably composure, finishing, penalties, concentration and whether the player is carrying an injury or knackered like rephlex said

I would suppose, this is similar to captainship where Influence is the biggest thing but other things play a part.

So for penalties the attribute of Penalty Taking plays a huge part, finishing possibly, and Composure. For hidden attributes it's probably pressure.

But it's also a simulation, I am Arsenal and in the Champions League final against Inter Milan. I did everything except do anything abot Penalties, so all my players were rubbish.

Gourcuff, who had a 16, was my best and after than the rest had under 8. Gourcuff misses and the people with a attribute of 2 and 3s score and Almunia saves all of their penalties. :)