Pennant wants call from Republic

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 3K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Stoke City winger Jermaine Pennant wants to play for the Republic of Ireland after revealing he has an Irish grandfather.

More...

Happy with that he has being in good form all season and would be a good squad player that could fill in when McGeady is not playing. Next on the list trap O'Hara, S.Ireland and K.Nolan(no chance of this one but a man can dream!)

hahahaa, what next? is his great grandmother a redneck?

Wikipedia says that his dad was Jaimacan, so.... any nationality jokes?

I think if the Virgin Isles offered him to play for their National team he would be the happiest guy in the world...

He held out this long for the England offer and it never came his way. Awkward.

His Great Grandads dog walkers sisters boyfriends uncle is Brazilian so he might end up with the famous yellow shirt on. Kaka & co watch your back! :D

His chance for England was when he briefly played for us and moved to Liverpool, he should of realised it would never happen then.

he is a very good player at stoke imo, but id pass. We dont need wingers
Lawrence
McGeedy
Duff
Hunt
Fahay
are all good enough wingers
I wont complain if he does represent Ireland as he seems keen, its just not going to be of a major benefit for us.

Fair play to him, he could proberly do a good job for Ireland

Lol, sounds like someone feels left out and is hoping to get some caps anywhere.

Good luck to him though.

well to be fair he would be a great didtion to the team. i personally wouldntr like it as an irish liverpool fan so i know how over rated he is. but think of the potential mid field

Mceady----Ireland----Lawernce----Pennant

or

Duff---Gibson---Green---McCarthy

we would have 2 great mid field line ups. we all know how easily Duff gets injured and since he is the wrong side of 30(not alot of years ahead of Jermaine grante) plus having a speedy right winger is never a bad thing

Back