Pep Guardiola's Barcelona; The Santpedor Tiki Taka (Testers Wanted)

charlierud

Reaction score
View attachment 543032Introduction
So I have made a tactic which represents the tactic that Pep first used when he became manager of The Barcelona B team, when he turned a group of poorly disciplined youngsters that had recently suffered the heart break of relegation into the best reserve team in the world. He carried on with this beautiful system, with great success, from the first team of Barcelona to German superpower FC Bayern.

The Tactic
View attachment 400522
As you can see above, I have gone for the traditional 4-3-3. Although Pep was known to use a 3-4-3 (First integrated by Johan Cryuff and the dream team) the 4-3-3 was the main system that Pep used.
SK(Defend): A traditional stopper that will 'clean up' behind the defense if need be
WB(Support): A player that will defend, however will support the midfield and attack providing extra width to the team.
BPD(Defend): As Pep said in his autobiography, "attack starts from the back, and defence from the front" The Ball Playing Defenders is the most important part of the team, they act as defenders aswell as playmakers.
HB(Defend): The number 4, as described by Pep, is a player that sits infront of the defence and links up the defence and midfield, as well as acting as a sweeper when need be. Pep played this role under Johan Cryuff, and it was this role as well as Johans guidance that really made Pep the great player he was.
DPL(Support): A fairly static player that tends to support the attack rather than join in.
AP(Attack): The Iniesta role; a player that runs at the defence, and drops in the holes to support attacking players.
IF(Attack): In the B team of Barcelona, Pedro excelled in this role when Guardiola played him. an unpredictable player that will come on the inside and create aswell as score goals.
T(Attack): The Messi/Eto'o role; a player that looks for spaces between the opposition defence, and is used when the team is attacking either to support or lead attacking moves.

Results
View attachment 400581View attachment 400580View attachment 400579View attachment 400577View attachment 400578
Sure I have only tested this tactic in 3 games, and against fairly weak opposition, hence why I am requesting testers. However, I feel this can be a top tactic and hope that I will get a positive response from people. Please let me know how you get on with this tactic, as I hope that it will be as successful as Pep's tactic.

Training/OI's
Pre-season training;
View attachment 400498
After pre-season;
View attachment 400497
Opposition Instructions: Get *** man to set them(try to get *** man with atleast 15 tactical knowledge)

Thank you for reading and good luck :D
View attachment 400520

Last edited:
the tactic has the air interesting, I'll try with bayern.

difficulty offensive, but I have the possession has everything matches. I also noted many (almost all) the purpose cash on the ball in the back of a defender or on relaunch error.
20 match 11 victory 3 equal 6 defeat 28 goal 20 against
8th in the bundesliga with bayern
View attachment 400455

Last edited:
that crazy high defensive line is gonna get u in a load of trouble, especially in away games. I wish I could have my team play like Bayern.. 52 without losing.. only 4 D. Without a redo it's impossible now.

I use the offside-trap and I use lower tempo instead of much lower tempo, and with these little things the tactic is doing better thang the original :)

Try Much Higher Tempo at away games.Works great!