hamja69

Reaction score
Introduction
Today will be posting the Positional Play inspired by the great work of late Sir Johan Cruyff and Pep Guardiola who won the Sextuple with Barcelona in 2008/09 season and a quintuple in 2010/11. ;)

So let's start with the basic explanation.,.
Tactics & roles explanation

View attachment 89247

Sweeper Keeper/Support:- As you all know Pep always prefer a goalie who is comfortable with the ball at his feet like he used Victor Valdes for ball distribution while his time at Barca. Key attributes for this role will be Passing, Positioning and Off the ball You can also switch this to Attack which will be like the Neuer role

Bpd's/Defend:- With the play out from defense instruction, you need good defenders who are capable of playing the ball without any problem. Key attributes for this role will be anticipation, passing, off the ball and vision.

IWB:- This role basically gives the chance to the AML to provide width to the pitch while the IWB sits narrow and do some defensive work like Abidal used to do.

CWB/Attack:- This role was performed by Dani Alves who had a rock solid chemistry with Messi on that right flank. The cwb role allows the wing back to stay wider, providing the width and getting into opposition half while he is also capable of tracking back of defensive duties.

Half Back:- This role is the backbone of your team. Like Pep, who also used to play as a pivot in his time at Barcelona, the pivot mainly recycles the lost ball and sits deeper b/w the bpd's to give them a chance to push up.

Attacking playmaker & Deep Lying Playmaker/Support:- This midfield duo combines to build your teams gameplay. Obviously Pep had Xavi as a dlp who had a great vision due to that also he is known as 'La pause' meaning 'The Pause'

Inside Forwards/Support/Attack:-With the IWB sitting narrow you need you Left IF to stay wider while the Right one to stay narrower due to the width cwb is providing. You can set either attack or support duty for this role but i'd prefer setting only the Left IF to attack.

False 9/Trequartista:- Pep used Messi as his f9 or trequartista who could operate in the attacking mid to lay short passes to his team mates around him.
Instructions:-
View attachment 89246
Real time gameplay explanation:-
Screenshots taken from Real madrid vs Barcelona game which Barcelona won 6-2
View attachment 89242
View attachment 89241

View attachment 89240View attachment 89239View attachment 89238
View attachment 89237
Results
View attachment 89236
View attachment 89235View attachment 89234View attachment 89233

OI:-
View attachment 89232View attachment 89231
Suggestions:-
-For Training, do Fitness on high for the pre-season and Tactical on average and Ball control in the month of April.
-For this tactic you'll need intelligent players so I haven't tried this tactic with weak teams.

P.S I also attached a 4-2-3-1 i used it occasionally like I used it in the cdr final against madrid when there were 15 minutes left i was down 3-1
Let me know in the comments how did it go:wub:

Last edited:
Introduction
Today will be posting the Positional Play inspired by the great work of late Sir Johan Cruyff and Pep Guardiola who won the Sextuple with Barcelona in 2008/09 season and a quintuple in 2010/11. ;)

So let's start with the basic explanation.,.
Tactics & roles explanation

View attachment 1121298

Sweeper Keeper/Support:- As you all know Pep always prefer a goalie who is comfortable with the ball at his feet like he used Victor Valdes for ball distribution while his time at Barca. Key attributes for this role will be Passing, Positioning and Off the ball You can also switch this to Attack which will be like the Neuer role

Bpd's/Defend:- With the play out from defense instruction, you need good defenders who are capable of playing the ball without any problem. Key attributes for this role will be anticipation, passing, off the ball and vision.

IWB:- This role basically gives the chance to the AML to provide width to the pitch while the IWB sits narrow and do some defensive work like Abidal used to do.

CWB/Attack:- This role was performed by Dani Alves who had a rock solid chemistry with Messi on that right flank. The cwb role allows the wing back to stay wider, providing the width and getting into opposition half while he is also capable of tracking back of defensive duties.

Half Back:- This role is the backbone of your team. Like Pep, who also used to play as a pivot in his time at Barcelona, the pivot mainly recycles the lost ball and sits deeper b/w the bpd's to give them a chance to push up.

Attacking playmaker & Deep Lying Playmaker/Support:- This midfield duo combines to build your teams gameplay. Obviously Pep had Xavi as a dlp who had a great vision due to that also he is known as 'La pause' meaning 'The Pause'

Inside Forwards/Support/Attack:-With the IWB sitting narrow you need you Left IF to stay wider while the Right one to stay narrower due to the width cwb is providing. You can set either attack or support duty for this role but i'd prefer setting only the Left IF to attack.

False 9/Trequartista:- Pep used Messi as his f9 or trequartista who could operate in the attacking mid to lay short passes to his team mates around him.
Instructions:-
View attachment 1121299
Real time gameplay explanation:-
Screenshots taken from Real madrid vs Barcelona game which Barcelona won 6-2
View attachment 1121303
View attachment 1121304

View attachment 1121305View attachment 1121306View attachment 1121307
View attachment 1121308
Results
View attachment 1121309
View attachment 1121310View attachment 1121311View attachment 1121312

OI:-
View attachment 1121313View attachment 1121314
Suggestions:-
-For Training, do Fitness on high for the pre-season and Tactical on average and Ball control in the month of April.
-For this tactic you'll need intelligent players so I haven't tried this tactic with weak teams.

P.S I also attached a 4-2-3-1 i used it occasionally like I used it in the cdr final against madrid when there were 15 minutes left i was down 3-1
Let me know in the comments how did it go:wub:

what kind of possession do you get

I usually used to get 55-60. Sometimes even 60+
For a tactic with the claim to adapt the Pep style of play, 60% poss is not that much. Ive tried other non-Pep tactics with 65-70% poss.

For a tactic with the claim to adapt the Pep style of play, 60% poss is not that much. Ive tried other non-Pep tactics with 65-70% poss.

Well basically in pep's first season the possession stats weren't so **** great. And I replicated whatever the players did in the Classico and few other matches. This was Pep's system in the first season

Looking forward to try this one out in my long term save: