• Thread starter Thread starter TheHig
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 4K

Pepsi v Coca Cola

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
coke all the way not a sweet as pepsi and tastes much better and not as cheap

well I'm not drinking any fizzy drinks this year for a bet. But whatever happened to Vanilla Coke. That was by far the best drink I've ever had. It's only rival is the might irn-bru

Last edited:
Dandelion & burdock

Absolutely :D

An odd snippet of information. I used to work in marketing consultancy for a city firm and I remember being given the best proof that marketing does work when I read the case study of scientific (ie done by real scientists) taste tests done between Pepsi and Coca Cola. If you've never seen an advert for either, then they both taste exactly the same. If you have seen an advert, you'll taste a difference. The scientists concluded that marketing can rewire the brain and our sensory perceptions of the world. I didn't follow Bill Hicks' advice to marketing people (bit extreme) but I did move out of it fairly quickly ;)

gotta b

1. Dr Pepper
2. Pepsi Max
3. Fanta Fruit Twist
4. Coca Cola
5. Dandelion and Burdock

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

1 Pepsi
2 Coca Cola
3 Dr Pepper
4 7UP
5 Irn Bru

Its a strange one for me

Coke v Pepsi = Coke
Coke Zero v Pepsi Max = Pepsi max
Diet Coke v Diet Pepsi = Diet Pepsi

I will hereby directly quote out of "Essentials Of Global Marketing", written by Svend Hollensen. It is on a study from 1997 by Citibank and Interbrand on the subject on brand equity:

"The classic example is that in blind test 51 per cent of customers prefer Pepsi to Coca-Cola, but in open tests 65 per cent prefer Coca-Cola to Pepsi: soft drink preferences are based on brand image, not taste (Hooley et al., 1998, p119)"

Personally I don't like either

I will hereby directly quote out of "Essentials Of Global Marketing", written by Svend Hollensen. It is on a study from 1997 by Citibank and Interbrand on the subject on brand equity:

"The classic example is that in blind test 51 per cent of customers prefer Pepsi to Coca-Cola, but in open tests 65 per cent prefer Coca-Cola to Pepsi: soft drink preferences are based on brand image, not taste (Hooley et al., 1998, p119)"

Personally I don't like either

so basically people drink coke because of the brand, but on pure taste its pretty much 50 / 50

Back