Perfectionist- Very good tactic tested with Leicester, Everton and Real Madrid

belthazorrrr

Reaction score
The tactic is plug'n'play but i found out that it works better if you play deeper defence against the very top clubs who have faster team/strikers Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, ManUtd, ManCity, Juventus etc. I have played with Everton and Real Madrid purely ''plug n play''. I adjusted the defensive line with Leicester

I think this is the best tactic created in fm16. I have tested with several teams and works wonders. I wouldnt share but i am not going to play fm16 anymore due to heavy schedule from Monday onwards

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2016-players/352743-everton.html#post2930323
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2016-players/352743-everton.html#post2930881

I won Premier League two times in first season with Everton using two different transfer strategies. The second is the more aggressive

Moreover i started a challenge but FM16 crashed and i am too lazy to play all these games again

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ories/353511-sir-alex-ferguson-challenge.html

With Real Madrid i won every single trophy the first 3 seasons

Now the good stuff

View attachment 189287 View attachment 189277 View attachment 189286

Set Pieces

corners:

View attachment 189284 View attachment 189283

Right corner kick ----> ml or dl taker even if they are bad takers
Left corner kick---> mr or dr taker even if they are bad takers

It may seem that it doesnt produce many goals from corners but it gives many second, third chances for goals that they dont count in fm16's statistics

free kicks:

View attachment 189280 View attachment 189279

Right free kick taker must be right footed but not DCL DCR or STCR
Left free kick taker must be left footed but not DCL DCR or STCR

Training:

in season
View attachment 189109

pre season

View attachment 189107

Even though i use wide midfielders i train them as wingers. It doesnt matter whether you play opposite foot or same foot but i prefer same foot personally. I always train the players for DPLF and SS position

For even bigger success if i am winning i am doing the following

at 60-70 minute: I turn on take a breather and retain possession
at 70-80 minute: I add defensive mentality, be more disciplined and stick to positions
at 85 minute: I add waste time

Again i never adjusted my tactic with Everton or Real Madrid. I did with Leicester

Enjoy!!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ug3gs9sl..._end_571FAC09-7AD5-4EF6-B07F-0095EF3B69A7.fmf

Last edited:
what about team training and match preparation? gonna test it with west ham!

Testing..
Results for me:
6 GAMES 5W 1L

ahahaha
i win Premier League now.. two years in Leycester, Man UTD call me because the poor campaign..

It took the 13th place team to the title !Thanks to a goal from Stoke City at the last minute ! LOL

Sorry just get angry couse spend half a day on pc and thats not working for me :( im really intrested to see how yoursave gonna go!

could u share ur changes with leicester ? or just change D-Line?

I dont change anything. I only changed D-line in deeper against Chelsea, ManU, Arsenal, ManCity. I also bought quality staff which is a must imo. You can find everything in my thread

Edit: It would be a very good idea to start retaining possession when you are ahead and start clocking around 65+ min

something like 65-75 add retaining + take a breath
75-80 defensive and drop defensive line deeper
83+ waste time

Last edited:
piece of **** not a tactic...

You must really be a piece of **** manager. If you cant manage West Ham, play tetris instead of flaming other people. As you can see without any transfers and i didnt buy any stuff

View attachment 188891 View attachment 188890 View attachment 188889 View attachment 188888

Even if you have the best tactic in the world you will fail unless you actually manage your players. Morale, individual training, using tired players etc. I suggest you should play pcman or tetris

You must really be a piece of **** manager. If you cant manage West Ham, play tetris instead of flaming other people. As you can see without any transfers and i didnt buy any stuff

View attachment 1010837 View attachment 1010838 View attachment 1010839 View attachment 1010840

Even if you have the best tactic in the world you will fail unless you actually manage your players. Morale, individual training, using tired players etc. I suggest you should play pcman or tetris

Once again i apologise for my post, i was just really pist off :/ i realised that i used your tactic before you add training to the OP couse i was using different and i had a lot of injuries at the beggining of season... so couple bad games and morale get very low and then everything fall apart... this morning i start a new save just in case to try again with everton and results are tottaly different! they not even collecting a yellow cards! so my bad... tactic at the moment looks gooooooood! :)

P.s. i lost to Man city at home 2:4 but had shots 25 and they just 12 :/ so i think everyone should use Deep D-line against BIG teams... my mistake i wasnt :/

No worries. I think Zivkovic is a must buy in Everton as most of their MLs are very weak and you need high-ish work rate. Also you should ALWAYS buy the right staff as training and pep talks are very important

Last edited:
You welcome :) I think it is working with every team as i tested with a big, average and smaller reputation club. Obviously, you need to use proper players, per talks, keep morale high and dont use tired players but this should be done with every tactic

But does it work on a wet and cold Tuesday night in Stoke? Lol

ill have a crack with this. With my team Aston Villa ;)

But does it work on a wet and cold Tuesday night in Stoke? Lol

ill have a crack with this. With my team Aston Villa ;)

It kind of saved my second season with Aston Villa, dragged my team out from the worst slump I've ever experienced. Tactic is solid, it's the bullshit that the game threw at me, and I still can't figure out a way to hold onto leads despite following the instructions in the OP.

Red box is before using it, green box is after.
View attachment 188410