csa99

Reaction score
am i the only person that does this or what?
but if i dont do everything perfectly in pre season i'll have to start a new game?
e.g get the training right away, match preparation, scout and sign the right players, loan, sell the right players etc?

Erm... nope. Too much effort and crucially not realistic enough. Everyone makes mistakes, just roll with it.

I understand what you mean but to start over again and again would be too frustrating. I agree with Godcubed unrealistic even the best make mistakes.

I did do this once a while back.......started a game as Chelsea, and about 5 games in realized I'd made all the wrong moves in the transfer market. Not that you can go all that wrong with Chelsea, but felt like I'd screwed it up and restarted.

Depends how far into pre-season i am, i dont care about results or anything
but on one of my old game i started as barca and on the first day i tried to sign moniz the coach, and i tried to get his contract down and he ended up stopping the negotiations, so i started again so i could sign him lol

I do go through everything and check everything obsessively but I don't start again if I miss something, I just get really frustrated with myself. I have to be 100% focused playing FM, which is why I probably take longer than the average person.

Hate force continue on network games because I like to have as much time as I want/need to play how I like to.

Kind of.

But it's not the friendlies, because I play more younger players/new signings. It's more so who I sign, what staff I sign and any injuries that occur. If I regret signing someone for a massive amount, or one of my key players/wonderkids get injured, I flip and likely start again.

Then again, this has only happened twice, because I learn from mistakes, now I intensely battle with signings to get the lowest possible fees and lowest possible wages and now I'm in 2032 with Liverpool as my main game. :)

---------- Post added at 06:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 AM ----------

I do go through everything and check everything obsessively but I don't start again if I miss something, I just get really frustrated with myself. I have to be 100% focused playing FM, which is why I probably take longer than the average person.

Hate force continue on network games because I like to have as much time as I want/need to play how I like to.

I have only had two fully decent games and have racked up a playing time of 212 hours (college student, A LOT of spare time). I know where you're coming from on this.

Kind of.

But it's not the friendlies, because I play more younger players/new signings. It's more so who I sign, what staff I sign and any injuries that occur. If I regret signing someone for a massive amount, or one of my key players/wonderkids get injured, I flip and likely start again.

Then again, this has only happened twice, because I learn from mistakes, now I intensely battle with signings to get the lowest possible fees and lowest possible wages and now I'm in 2032 with Liverpool as my main game. :)

---------- Post added at 06:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 AM ----------

I have only had two fully decent games and have racked up a playing time of 212 hours (college student, A LOT of spare time). I know where you're coming from on this.

I am yet to stay committed to one game for such a long time. But it's more to do with not knowing what club to start with or start unemployed, selected leagues etc. Always changing my mind or fancying a new challenge. I also have what many say is "too much spare time" on my hands lol.

2032 is quite something! I would love to be able to stay dedicated for that long. Did you start with Liverpool?

I am yet to stay committed to one game for such a long time. But it's more to do with not knowing what club to start with or start unemployed, selected leagues etc. Always changing my mind or fancying a new challenge. I also have what many say is "too much spare time" on my hands lol.

2032 is quite something! I would love to be able to stay dedicated for that long. Did you start with Liverpool?

I'm always like that as well, because I started as Liverpool the very first time I played the game, but since it was my first game of football manager in years, I had no idea who to sign, who to sell and I ended up giving up on it after half a season.

Funny thing is, I did. But I then moved to Barcelona in 2016, had a great few years there, saw the manager of Liverpool was sacked in 2022 (Alan Shearer of all people oO)) and signed back and have been there ever since.

The only thing that motivated me to keep going was having a secondary save. I downloaded an African Leagues update and dominating with Al Ahly of Egypt. |)

^^

Not really me. I go through it quite quickly anyway.

Nope, because I don't make any mistake :p and even if I do make some, I wouldn't admit XD

Usually I don't have much money to spend, so I have to be careful not to waste on player(s) that I don't need.