Persigubin Gunung Bintang - An Indonesian adventure

So we finished the season top of the league by miles and seemingly cruising into the premier division, until the 2nd phase came along... Fortunately we won our 1st game 3-0 and as we only need to finish top 3 in a 4 team group to get promoted we are basically there.

Meanwhile the cup went to plan as we dispatched our 4th tier rivals with ease, now we face the current super league champions in the final as a 3rd tier team. Hopefully this will be a good indicator of our quality.

Van Dijk was back to top form and has run away with top goalscorer this season, and we still have a few games left!

Player of the month

Sergio Van Dijk
Goals: 6
Assists: 2
Avg rating: 8.26

Next month we play the First division and cup finals...

We won the first division! Ultimately the final was pointless because we`d get promoted anyway, but it`s good to win and get that extra 8K prize money to take us comfortably clear of debt.

The cup final didn`t go as well but we put up a good showing against the super league champs. They quickly went 2-0 up but when Van Dijk scored a penalty to make it 2-1 I thought we could come back. Unfortunately a Brazilian striker (we cant even get foreign players in our league) took our defense apart with 2 goals, hopefully we are just a few foreign players away from the Indonesian elite our self, I will certainly buy the 3 allowed once the premier division transfer window starts.

Van Dijk was crucial yet again and I don`t know where we`d be without him...

Player of the month

Sergio Van Dijk
Goals: 4
Assists: 1
Avg rating: 7.83

Next up we prepare for the Premier division...

End of season review

First division phase A (group D): 1st

First division phase B (group B): 1st

First division final: Won

Indonesian cup: Final

So overall a pretty successful season to say the least. We can look forward to next season with optimism even though I don`t know how good we are compared to the other premier division sides, although beating them in about 5 straight cup rounds is a good sign!

Now I need to go buy some foreign players...

Player of the year

Do I even need to say...

Sergio Van Dijk

Games: 33

Goals: 46(!)
Assists: 15
Player of the match: 16
Avg rating: 8.26

Team of the year

View attachment 174314

Proving we aren`t totally a one man team, all those 7`s... Amiruddin, Juliandri, Waringin Jati and Yogi also played exceptionally well but Van Dijk was on another level for us.

Last edited:
Transfers

View attachment 173213I

So I quickly signed my first foreign players. Luis Emir Carabali and Tomoyuki Sakai should create an even more deadly attack force, Sakai is 35 and short term, but if he could earn a cap for Japan with the likes of Kagawa and Honda at his position, he`s good enough for us. I also signed Legimin Raharjo who is a former Indonesia international at DM, the rest are youth, staff or backup.

2 months later and some more players join. Rakasiwi is Indonesia`s starting RM and a great buy for us! Didik Darmardi is an experienced defender who should start, howether I know him for the wrong reasons as he was marking Watora when he scored 5 goals, no repeat I hope... Liberian Eric Johnson is Carabali`s long term foreign replacement at striker and Ortiz is a Bolivian LB with great potential.

Despite all these signings the prize money from last season means we only had to release a few "surplus to requirements" players, meaning we are ready for the onslaught the premier division brings!

Pre-season went excellent! How ether we cant face many teams as Indonesia is a pretty spread out country, so many of the games were vs our under 21s team or lower league opposition. Avenging our lone league loss last season by beating Persibom 6-1 away was great but the 2-0 away victory against super league contenders Sriwjaya FC (who we lost to in the cup before) was an unexpected surprise, definitely a positive sign that we`re good enough for this league.

I will continue to use the attacking 4-4-2 diamond from last season but will be cautious against good sides and will likely use the defensive 4-5-1 from the first season a lot.

Next the premier division begins...

Wow! That was easier than expected, 4 games in and only one was even close! If this keeps up we should have no problem getting promoted, the 6-0 win away was possibly the most surprising result on this save yet, another dominating season awaits...

In terms of POTM, when we score that many goals, only 1 player can be the culprit...

Player of the month

Sergio Van Dijk
Assists: 3
Avg rating: 8.55

Next up we try to continue the winning start...

Last edited:

It turns out our first loss was right around the corner, we simply had no answer for Perseta but the rest of the month went to plan, especially the 7-0 without Van Dijk! The cup started and as the legs are only a week apart should soon be at the second round, the first leg was surprisingly close but I used a rotated team, the "cup striker" Eric Johnson, who cant play in the league due to the 3 foreign players restriction compared to 5 in the cup, scored 2 in his debut and looks promising.

The reason for Van Dijk missing the 7-0 was as himself, and RM Rakasiwi are with the international team for a month long tournament, right in the middle of the season! This meant others needed to step up, and they definitely did...

Player of the month

Tomoyuki Sakai
Goals: 2
Assists: 4
Avg rating: 8.00

Next month we face a surprisingly tricky cup tie...

Impressed by your commitment to this, that Van Dijk bloke was quite a signing too. Well done :)

Impressed by your commitment to this, that Van Dijk bloke was quite a signing too. Well done :)

SOMEBODY REPLIED!!! My life is now complete :)

I`m actually a season ahead, I decided to start writing this 2 seasons in when I became addicted to the save, I saw there were no stories about south east asia so thought why not.

SOMEBODY REPLIED!!! My life is now complete :)

I`m actually a season ahead, I decided to start writing this 2 seasons in when I became addicted to the save, I saw there were no stories about south east asia so thought why not.

Haha amazing commitment, I don't think many people look at the 2013 forum any more. There was a great story called Get it India! in the 2015 stories but non-European is still pretty rare.

Despite our 2 internationals being away we put together another solid month which sees us go comfortably clear at the top of the league, we dropped 2 points against our old first division rivals Persemalra but other wise business as usual. We also progressed in the cup and are leading 1-0 against a surprisingly good team from our division (different group). I noticed a gem of a youth CB in their youth team and managed to sign him! 5 star potential and all! Once his youth contract expires he`ll join.

Without Van Dijk and Rakasiwi, and with rotated cup squads in 2 of 5 games, no one stood out this month...

Player of the month

All around team spirit

Next month the transfer window starts, and we make a huge signing...

I`m currently a season ahead of this story in the save and without giving too much away need an answer to an issue. I have room in the wage budget for 2 great players, but although they only want about 60% of my available wage budget each (I plan to only get 1) I can only offer about 15% of the available budget for them, this seems to be considered a bug but i`m wondering if it`s down to reputation as I haven`t had this issue before with better clubs, or maybe because the clubs financial state isn`t great? I probably can`t fix it straight away whatever it is but I really want to know how to in the long term. I don`t need the players until the end of the season anyway, when reputation and money should improve.

The great Sergio an Dijk! Remember him well from his Adelaide United days! Nice to see him still banging them in! :)

Great story btw, Patrick put me onto it. Unfortunate that it seems people don't venture into the older forums too often. Keep it up though, very good read thus far.

Cant help with your problem though unfortunately. Hopefully by the end of the year you'll have the cash & it wont be an issue for you. :)

For some reason we only had 1 league game this month, but **** did we use i
t! Van Dijk came back with a hat trick as we yet again destroyed Persipur, who we also beat 6-0 earlier in the season.

The cup was the main focus this month and yet again we were given a tough game by PSIS, only scraping through on away goals before an easier tie against a 4th tier side, which Van Dijk grabbed another hat trick in. We also arranged a friendly in the middle of 2 weeks off against a super league side, yet another Van Dijk hat trick later and I feel confident that we are more than good enough for the top division of Indonesian football.

The transfer window began half way through the month and although we only made 1 signing it is definitely an important deal. After looking around I found regen Jorge Rodriguez, the Ecuadorian RM (for now) is already a 5* player and at 19 could become the best player on the team for a decade to come. Howether as we have the as good Rakasiwi at RM I don`t want to use Rodriguez yet, so I will retrain him to LM for next season. He will get cup games though.

Player of the month

Sergio Van Dijk
Goals: 9
Assists: 2
Avg rating: 8.95

Next month we face Perseta looking for revenge!

The great Sergio an Dijk! Remember him well from his Adelaide United days! Nice to see him still banging them in! :)

Great story btw, Patrick put me onto it. Unfortunate that it seems people don't venture into the older forums too often. Keep it up though, very good read thus far.

Cant help with your problem though unfortunately. Hopefully by the end of the year you'll have the cash & it wont be an issue for you. :)

Thanks! Yeah I believe Van Dijk was A-league top scorer once IRL? Definitely too good for this level!

Thanks! Yeah I believe Van Dijk was A-league top scorer once IRL? Definitely too good for this level!

You are right! Cant remember which year but he definitely topped the charts at one stage. Cracked me up when you said he was that good you could even find him with Google image! :D

Another perfect month sees us all but clinch the title. With the crazy win against Perseta, a game that was 4-4 at half time, they have fallen miles behind us and into the clutches of other teams, which is important as we may have to play whoever finishes 2nd in the 2nd phase.

The cup was business as usual against an average team, but the next round will see us face a super league side in a competitive game for the first time since season 1, albeit one that is bottom of the league.

As the transfer window shut I made no more signings, well at least none that are arriving yet ;). Carabali also contributed massively up front this month, possibly more than Van Dijk...

Player of the month

Luis Emir Carabali
Assists: 3
Avg rating: 8.28

Next month we face a super league side for a place in the cup semi finals...

The league was business as usual, we had easy games and took full advantage of them. But the league wasn`t the focus this month, the cup tie against a struggling super league side turned into a demolition job as we tore them apart in the first leg meaning we could rest key players in the second leg. Howether our reward for this is another trip to a super league ground, and our next opponents actually seem decent this time...

Perseta have slipped down the table and there is now a big battle going on for 2nd place, who I believe we will face in the crucial second phase. But for now our 18 goals in 5 games this month was in no small part down to...

Player of the month

Sergio Van Dijk
Goals: 8
Assists: 4
Avg rating: 9.10

Next month the 2nd phase begins and we try to make the cup final for back to back years...

Last edited:
I`ve got an idea for a story, well more of a challenge. I cant do it yet as it depends on something in real life. But i`ll start it soon.